Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 6 has bend would the apple store change it for me?

MY phone is bend and i need to now if the apple store will change it for me because i have warranty would my warrant cover this problem. i dont know how it happen but im worry because i dont know if apple would change it for me or will give me a new phone.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1, i dont know how it happend.

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 9:52 AM

6 replies

Feb 7, 2016 7:01 PM in response to Yesika_1213

No, they are not likely to help you for free with a bend. Is your LCD still working? Does your phone still find service? If so, then you might find an independent repair shop that would be willing to take off your screen, take out your board, and press the housing back into shape. There are specialized presses for this that some shops have.

If you LCD is cracked, and/or your phone has searching no service after bend, then i would think your best bet would be the out of warranty replacement at Apple for $299

Feb 8, 2016 4:44 AM in response to mendonipadrehab

mendonipadrehab wrote:

No, they are not likely to help you for free with a bend. Is your LCD still working? Does your phone still find service? If so, then you might find an independent repair shop that would be willing to take off your screen, take out your board, and press the housing back into shape. There are specialized presses for this that some shops have.

If you LCD is cracked, and/or your phone has searching no service after bend, then i would think your best bet would be the out of warranty replacement at Apple for $299

This is very poor advice. Doing this will immediately void your service options from Apple, both in- & out-of-warranty options. That means that if anything else goes wrong with the device, Apple will refuse to assist at all. And, hypothetically, if Apple decides to implement some form of compensation or free service option for those individuals with 'bent' devices, this particular unit will no longer qualify at all.

Imagine this: You have health insurance through your company. It includes a $300 co-pay for a doctor visit. You can choose to either:

A) Visit the doctor and pay the $300 co-pay.

OR

B) Visit a non-authorized 'minute clinic' where you'd only have to pay $50, but your health insurance would then be cancelled after that.

Which one would you choose?

Feb 8, 2016 7:44 AM in response to Yesika_1213

I have a 'crease' from the buttons to the top, not sure how it occurred either but wonder if it was when I was removing the bumper.

I expect to have to pay for a replacement so booked in the next few days with the Genius bar to get a new phone (6S instead to avoid this) so expect to be able to part exchange

Should I sell on Ebay or to a friend instead - would I make more than the part exchange with Apple?

Feb 8, 2016 8:00 AM in response to Jay Deee

Jay Deee wrote:

I have a 'crease' from the buttons to the top, not sure how it occurred either but wonder if it was when I was removing the bumper.

I expect to have to pay for a replacement so booked in the next few days with the Genius bar to get a new phone (6S instead to avoid this) so expect to be able to part exchange

Should I sell on Ebay or to a friend instead - would I make more than the part exchange with Apple?

What 'bumper' are you talking about? Do you mean an additional protective covering? Or do you mean something internal to the device?

My iphone 6 has bend would the apple store change it for me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.