Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone will act like its turning on but never will

I have an Iphone 5s its been acting up recenlty but its not cracked or anything. It wont turn on but it acts like it will, HELP

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 3:27 PM

2 replies

Feb 7, 2016 3:47 PM in response to LaceyMontgomery123

Tell us more about the history of the device and problem. Acts like it is going to start up---do you mean it hangs at the Apple logo?

You can cross your fingers that a hard reset will solve this problem---hold the top power and home button together for 10 seconds---this is the same as unplugging a computer from a wall outlet.

If you think it has a hardware defect--water damage or a recent drop then you might need the help of a repair shop.

If you don't suspect a hardware defect and your phone has never been opened, then you can try to force it into recovery mode or DFU mode and restore the software via iTunes.

You can force into recovery mode by doing the same hard reset as above, but with the phone connected to iTunes via USB. Continue holding the home button and it will boot into recovery mode. iTunes will prompt you to restore your phone.

my iphone will act like its turning on but never will

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.