Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s plus Screen scratches and chips..

My iphone 6s plus not only has scratches but even a small chip. This happened after less than 30 days of very normal use. The phone never fell, and was not abused or even used roughly. Both me and my spouse carried iphone 5s for two years with hardly scratches on them. Actually none of my previous iphones and even cheap android phones were in such a bad shape even after long usage.

I googled and found quite a few other iphone 6s users in the same situation. The top hit from google takes to a discussion thread which mysteriously is closed for new postings:

iPhone 6S Screen Scratches

Now, I understand that is is glass. But you don't expect a $850 device to have chips within a month with just normal usage. If the only way to protect chips and scratches is to use a screen saver then apple should actually ship phones with screen savers on them. This is ridiculous.

I took it to local apple store and the person on duty refused to do anything about it.

Any ideas on what I can do next?

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 12:03 PM

3 replies

Feb 8, 2016 12:51 PM in response to ssiddiqu

ssiddiqu wrote:

My iphone 6s plus not only has scratches but even a small chip. This happened after less than 30 days of very normal use. The phone never fell, and was not abused or even used roughly. Both me and my spouse carried iphone 5s for two years with hardly scratches on them. Actually none of my previous iphones and even cheap android phones were in such a bad shape even after long usage.

I googled and found quite a few other iphone 6s users in the same situation. The top hit from google takes to a discussion thread which mysteriously is closed for new postings:

iPhone 6S Screen Scratches

Now, I understand that is is glass. But you don't expect a $850 device to have chips within a month with just normal usage. If the only way to protect chips and scratches is to use a screen saver then apple should actually ship phones with screen savers on them. This is ridiculous.

I took it to local apple store and the person on duty refused to do anything about it.

Any ideas on what I can do next?

Baloney... I've had my 6S since September, have it in my pockets, bags etc... and not a single scratch on it. Heck I've even dropped it a few times and no scratches. Heck I'm not even using a screen protector.

Feb 8, 2016 4:53 PM in response to razmee209

If you can not help, please don't just jump to conclusions in dismissing what someone else is saying. Your argument is "since my iphone is fine, everyone reporting any issues with their iphones is lying". It is like saying that I have been smoking all my life and nothing happened to me. So smoking does not cause cancer.

I am not an working for Samsung or just trying to put Apple down. Unfortunately, the problem I and other users are reporting is real. I don't understand the manufacturing process well enough to know why. But I do know that no company in the world can make perfect products and that is why you have warranties. I am uploading the pictures of the 4 phones I mentioned in my post. I took a picture with ipad. Never had problems like this before with any of the other devices. But I am afraid that die hard apple fans are still not going to believe and say that I abused the phone that got the chip.

User uploaded file

The gold one on the left has the issue. I put a plastic screen cover on the black iphone 6s plus. None of the 5s's had any problems for 2 years.

User uploaded file

Dec 21, 2016 2:57 PM in response to ssiddiqu

My screen is same . Got end of August. Have kept

It perfect , it is kept separate from everything . Own pocket in handbag etc. Noticed the other day a small scratch on the screen and no idea how! I am so OCD with phone and so don't know how it happened . This glass on these phones should not do this and is not what Apple advertise ! General use shouldn't cause scratches!

iPhone 6s plus Screen scratches and chips..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.