Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Netflix email scam?

I just received an email with the following information, despite definitely not having subscribed to Netflix;

User uploaded file Invoice
APPLE ID BILLED TO TOTAL
35.99 GBP
INVOICE DATE
13 Feb 2016
SEQUENCE NO.
1-81253176
ORDER ID
M97NNBD90PD
DOCUMENT NO.
iTunes Store TYPE PURCHASED FROM PRICE
User uploaded file Netflix, Netflix 1S Plan (Automatic Renewal)
Monthly | 13 Feb 2016
Write a Revie | Report a Proble
Subscription iPhone 29.99 GBP

The subscription period will automatically renew unless you turn it off no longer than 24 hours before the end of the current period. To cancel auto-renewal or manage your subscriptions, click bellow and sign in.

Manage/ Cancel Subscriptions

Regards,
The iTunes Store team
VAT charged at 20% 6.00 GBP
TOTAL 35.99 GBP

Learn how to manage your password preferences for iTunes, iBooks and App Store purchases at

htt ps:// support.apple.com/HT204030.

User uploaded file

Is this just a spam post?

<Links Edited by Host>

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), null

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 5:16 AM

54 replies

Feb 20, 2017 9:51 PM in response to amirobertson

I got the email too, and it sent to an account not even associated with my iTunes or other apple accounts. Upon further investigation I noted that the email that I received the email from was a do not "replay", not a do not reply. In addition to this, the email had an edu ending. I'm fairly sure my netflix subscription and my iTunes account are under two different emails and cards, so the whole claim was not legitimate. Although I should not have, I followed the link to cancel the subscription and it asked me to enter my username and password, as well as sensitive information like my SSN. I obviously did not proceed. Overall this email was a scare tactic by scammers and should be reported to Apple.

Feb 26, 2017 8:03 PM in response to amirobertson

Hi

i got this email:

Dear ibrahim.alani@yahoo.com,

This email confirms your purchase of the following subscription

Name of Subscription: Netflix 1S Plan
Application: Apple
Content Provider: Netflix, Inc.
Date of purchase: 25 February 2017
Subscription Period: 3 month
Price: 97.99
Payment Method: E-Payments

The subscription period will automatically renew unless you turn it off no later than 48 hours before the end of the current period. To cancel auto-renewal or manage your subscriptions, click below and sign in.

You can cancel a Subscription at any time: Cancel / Refund Subscriptions

https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/manageSubscriptions?mt= 8&familyId=20224143

Regards,
The iTunes Store team

And I did not do anything or maybe by mistake, advice please

Mar 18, 2016 12:03 PM in response to phoebealex3110

Is that all you did, you didn't then enter your id and password (if you did then change your password : http://appleid.apple.com ; What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support) ? If it is then you may have let them know that it's an active email address, so you may get more phishing emails (and not just iTunes).

iTunes Netflix email scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.