Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay apple tv 1

Hello!

Tell me please, can i airplay from my iphone 9.1 to apple tv 1 gen? Can not find any proving materials=(

I bought it on the second market (used). It seems that airplay worked started to use it. But after that i tried a lot of things so i needed to recover. Now i have only airtunes, and can't remember was an airplay on it or not or it does not work. Also interesting is it possible to install 3.0.2 on mac mini (hope it's not a hack)?

Thanks for the answer.)

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2), ssd plextor 128gb m6pro optibay

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 9:50 AM

8 replies

Feb 13, 2016 10:25 AM in response to Bintoll

I'm not positive - I don't have the 1st gen. But based upon older threads and the AirPlay minimum requirements - no...

AirPlay Mirroring requires a second-generation Apple TV or later, and is supported on the following Mac models: iMac (Mid 2011 or newer), Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer), and MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer). For non-qualifying Macs you can try using Air Parrot.

AirPlay on First Generation Apple TV

Airplay on old Apple TV

Can a 1st generation I TV mirror an I pad

Feb 13, 2016 10:58 AM in response to Protodd

It seems that you are right=(

(i didn't told about mirroring, just music stream)

i know about remote hd, but my iphone does not have it, so it's really secret how it worked (maybe i just imagined it) or it had atv Flash and i didn't recognize it(

So thanks a lot!

Hope to fined any possible solutions)

Oh, and what about installing 3.0.2 on mac mini?) It seem that i know answer but may be..

Airplay apple tv 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.