Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X Template will not save state of Mute Record Solo

Maybe this can't be done....but I wish it could. Maybe a bug?

I'm trying to create a template with some channels Muted, and others armed for recording.

I do the "Save as Template" with the tracks Muted, Armed ...

But, when I create a song from the template, no channels are muted, soloed or armed.

I use this template to record several songs at a time in a live setting.

It ***** to have to keep clicking the record/mute buttons every time I start a new song from the template.

I tried creating a new template from scratch with no luck.

Anyone?

Thanks

Wally

MacBook Pro (17-inch Late 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), Logic Pro X

Posted on Feb 19, 2016 11:40 AM

26 replies

Feb 20, 2016 6:54 AM in response to animist08

Macintosh HD/Users/Wally/Music/Audio Music Apps/Project Templates/Dungeon.logicx

Not sure why you would ask this question. The Template saves and recalls fine (Number of tracks,Track names, etc.). It is just the Record enable that does not turn on in the new song created from the template. (Mute and Solo as well). To be clear, Mute / Record / Solo work after the song is created, but I have to manually click them on for every track.

Thanks for the reply.

Wally

Feb 20, 2016 10:03 AM in response to WallyWest_Flash2

Record enable is not stored as part of a template as it is a 'State' function and therefore cannot be stored as the possible 'states' might change.... (Different i/o device used for example)

However... instead of clicking on each record button you can just click and then drag up/down to arm/mute or whatever.. all tracks very quickly... as in this animated screenshot...

User uploaded file

Feb 20, 2016 10:01 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Thanks for the responses. I know about the short cuts for the functions in question.

It is cumbersome for me because I don't have all tracks record enabled for this template.

I just did not want to go through the motions every time I start a new song.

I was recording several songs from a band for a demo and I found it annoying to Record Enable at the start of every song.

And it seems to work in older versions of Logic (and other software like Studio One).

Today I noticed that the Solo-Safe function does not seem to save either with a template or song. I have one track that has Solo Safe enabled and I don't want it. It's in the template and songs I created from the template. I can disable it, Save, Open and its back in Solo Safe mode again (Song and/or Template).

I really believe this is a bug. I'm open to be convinced other wise 🙂

Logic Pro x (latest version)

OSX (latest version)

Feb 20, 2016 10:19 AM in response to WallyWest_Flash2

However, instead of saving as a template. you just save an empty but pre configured project and load project normally that often works better I have found..

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

I'll also have to read up on the difference between a song and a project.

I wonder if a project will load with a default name like a template does? Like "Untitled". So I can't accidentally over write the original by clicking save. Songs created from templates always ask for a new file name before saving.

I did send a bug report to Apple on the Template issue.

Cheers

Wally

Feb 20, 2016 10:32 AM in response to WallyWest_Flash2

I save out such pre configured projects with specific names such as "External Instrument Setup - Record enabled" and then as soon as I load one in, I re save under a different name to my main Logic projects folder.. to ensure the original is not written over...

I also save these pre configured projects to a seperate folder to my main Logic project folder... named Preconfigured Projects... which I then drag over to favorites in Finder.. along with my main Logic projects Folder.. for easy access back and forth....in Logic's File dialog window...

User uploaded file

Feb 20, 2016 3:09 PM in response to WallyWest_Flash2

So we've discovered a quirk with Logic and youre closer to understanding this Template Mute/Solo issue. I only asked about the file path to ensure there were no problems on a grass-roots level as I discovered the hard way Logic is sometimes very fussy about where things are saved. Youd be forgiven for thinking you could for example move your projects from the Music folder to somewhere else but no, Logic is not flexible in that regard.

Feb 20, 2016 3:26 PM in response to animist08

Youd be forgiven for thinking you could for example move your projects from the Music folder to somewhere else but no, Logic is not flexible in that regard

Sure Logic is.. if you save the projects correctly with all content included.... I move projects all the time between studio and home... and from different computers to computers.. or different Hard Drives to different Hard Drives..or share between different people.. without any issues..

What does cause issues with Logic... (and in reality its OS X itself that has this issue..) is moving Logic's own content, or other data that is outside of projects.. to different locations without either the use of Symlinks or without understanding the consequences of doing so beforehand.. and taking proper precautions to ensure all data used within a given project, is included.

Cheers..

Nigel

Feb 21, 2016 8:40 AM in response to WallyWest_Flash2

Correction to previous post...(tried to edit, but was unable).

I just saved a project with the same results as templates.

The state of the Record Enable is not recalled as saved.

Mute and Solo seem ok.

Since this is working for others I wonder if I may have a preference somewhere that may be set wrong??

Although I can't find one that could cause this behaviour.

Thanks again

Wally

Logic Pro X Template will not save state of Mute Record Solo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.