Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does Apple Pay work with Uber?

I have been contacting Uber at least a half a dozen times already and so far it sounds like I am talking in Greek because Uber's support team does not seem to understand my questions.

I originally signed up with Uber without realizing the company does take Apple Pay & I never set my account with my credit card information. Being that I am not happy about giving Uber my credit card information, I have finally set up Apple Pay on my iPhone 6s+. Only problem is I don't know how Uber receives my payment with Apple Pay as there is no contact/credit card machine that the driver has. For some reason my Apple Pay does show up on my iPhone 6s+ as a valid payment but not on my Uber account when I am using my MacBook Pro. I am confused.

I am trying to figure out how exactly does Apple Pay work with Uber.

I know that I have used my sister's Uber account before and it wasn't a problem because she had a credit card on file with Uber. So I know that I can request a ride. I just don't know how payment is received by Uber if I have Apple Pay on my iPhone and it is not on my account when I use my Mac.

Would someone please explain how this works because I am not exactly tech savvy. Also can I change the tip amount on my Uber account via my Mac even though I don't have a valid credit card? Also does Uber really charge a service charge for using Apple Pay?

If Uber wasn't the only company that operates internationally I would have told them to delete my account....oh what I did tell them to delete my account but the Uber support team thinks that their answering my questions.

Please help.

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Feb 20, 2016 9:11 PM

6 replies

Feb 23, 2017 9:33 AM in response to Linda1234567890

I am not sure where you live, but if you live in Canada, Apple Pay is not yet available for Uber. I just found that out yesterday after inquiring with Uber help through the 'Help' section on the Uber App. If in Canada, you need to have a Crefit Card setup on the Uber App. Uber does not know when Apple Pay will be available for their services, in Canada. Hope this helps.

Mar 3, 2017 7:24 PM in response to Linda1234567890

Uber has the worst customer or technical support I have come across. Either they can't read properly or they domt understand even the basic issue. I've been trying to explain a PayPal technical issue to them and they keep repeating back from the script. Worse they don't have an escalation path - each time a different support representative attempts ton respond and is useless. Honestly they need to improve their business model or they're going to lose customers.

How does Apple Pay work with Uber?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.