Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Etrecheck a safe app?

My computer is running very slowly. In my investigation, I have run across a product named ETRECHECK and wonder if it is okay to download and run to get an idea of where the deficiency is located. Is it safe/smart to do that? I'm running El Capitan.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Feb 25, 2016 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2017 5:25 AM

QuietMacFan wrote:

I would ask: if it's safe why isn't it in the App Store ?

Because many of the operations it performs do not work properly when run from the Mac App Store sandbox. Plus, it is funded solely through user donations when are not allowed in the Mac App Store. I have plans for a couple of related apps that can run in the Mac App Store, but writing apps takes time.

you likely have 0 license using apps not found in app store, therefore if the app suddenly decides to download your personal data: you have 0 legal recourse

unless you know software well you should stick to Apple's defaults (which is to download apps from the appstore)

Apple's default settings are to download apps from the "Mac App Store and identified developers". Etresoft, Inc. is such an identified developer and EtreCheck is signed with my developer ID. If it were performing any malicious activity, Apple could revoke the certificate at any time.

I've made an iPhone app with xcode following a tutorial. It's easy - and the process to register the app with appstore is built in to xcode. (it's not as if getting into the app store is an unusual step that takes allot of effort)

Developing a useable app with decent functionality is far from easy. Getting into the App Store is harder still. Typically this takes months or years of work. A Mac app is an order of magnitude harder than an iPhone app.

i've seen etrecheck pushed very hard in the community channels and i would back away a little, unless you've read the source code or understand apple very well, from anything not on the Apple servers which someone is pushing you to use

also: my iMac always works from day one without any tinkering. whatever is wrong is maybe because you've been installing non-appstore apps

People here on Apple Support Communities recommend EtreCheck because it helps them solve people's problems over a web site. One of the primary things EtreCheck does is identify other 3rd party apps that cause problems. One the problem is resolved, EtreCheck is designed to be easy to remove.

my final word on your etrecheck is: maybe maybe not. but i do not have time to read that source code (one of 100,000 codes online) to tell you. such projects are usually meant to do good. i can say %100 for sure that microsoft products meant to "clean and repair systtems" released by indie (individuals) have a record of damaging the OS more than helping it.

actaully i took a closer look. on the outside nothing bad is apparent HOWEVER.

no xcode project file comes with it

the author does not offer the source code to look at

Your claim that EtreCheck "does not offer the source code to look at" is false. Here is its Github project: GitHub - etresoft/EtreCheck: Source code for EtreCheck. The source includes an Xcode project file that can be used to compile EtreCheck on any recent Mac with Xcode.

If you are going to make a claim that EtreCheck is malicious and not "meant to do good", then you will need to back that up with some facts.

the website appears like it was made in 2 minutes

I'm sorry that you do not find the EtreCheck web site appealing. It is designed to be useful, informative, and work on web browsers of any Mac made in the past decade. It is also designed to load quickly on a Mac that is having problems. For that reason, it is rather simple and not very flashy. It works on both desktop and mobile browsers. It is localized in French and English, automatically detecting the user's language preference. I would challenge anyone to do all of that in 2 minutes. I would be happy to hear any substantive and constructive suggestions for improvement.

i have to say no: it's not safe. heed apple's advice until you have warrantees / guarantees or compiled it yourself

Again, if you have any evidence that EtreCheck is not safe, then provide it or retract your statement. If you want to compile it yourself, you are free to do so. Apple has made no advice whatsoever suggesting that EtreCheck is not safe. EtreCheck is frequently used and recommend here on Apple Support Communities and elsewhere. If it had any "nasty viruses" I'm sure someone would have said something by now.

Disclaimer: Although EtreCheck is free, there are other links on my site that could give me some form of compensation, financial or otherwise.

28 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2017 5:25 AM in response to QuietMacFan

QuietMacFan wrote:

Because many of the operations it performs do not work properly when run from the Mac App Store sandbox. Plus, it is funded solely through user donations when are not allowed in the Mac App Store. I have plans for a couple of related apps that can run in the Mac App Store, but writing apps takes time.

you likely have 0 license using apps not found in app store, therefore if the app suddenly decides to download your personal data: you have 0 legal recourse

unless you know software well you should stick to Apple's defaults (which is to download apps from the appstore)

Apple's default settings are to download apps from the "Mac App Store and identified developers". Etresoft, Inc. is such an identified developer and EtreCheck is signed with my developer ID. If it were performing any malicious activity, Apple could revoke the certificate at any time.

I've made an iPhone app with xcode following a tutorial. It's easy - and the process to register the app with appstore is built in to xcode. (it's not as if getting into the app store is an unusual step that takes allot of effort)

Developing a useable app with decent functionality is far from easy. Getting into the App Store is harder still. Typically this takes months or years of work. A Mac app is an order of magnitude harder than an iPhone app.

i've seen etrecheck pushed very hard in the community channels and i would back away a little, unless you've read the source code or understand apple very well, from anything not on the Apple servers which someone is pushing you to use

also: my iMac always works from day one without any tinkering. whatever is wrong is maybe because you've been installing non-appstore apps

People here on Apple Support Communities recommend EtreCheck because it helps them solve people's problems over a web site. One of the primary things EtreCheck does is identify other 3rd party apps that cause problems. One the problem is resolved, EtreCheck is designed to be easy to remove.

my final word on your etrecheck is: maybe maybe not. but i do not have time to read that source code (one of 100,000 codes online) to tell you. such projects are usually meant to do good. i can say %100 for sure that microsoft products meant to "clean and repair systtems" released by indie (individuals) have a record of damaging the OS more than helping it.

Your claim that EtreCheck "does not offer the source code to look at" is false. Here is its Github project: GitHub - etresoft/EtreCheck: Source code for EtreCheck. The source includes an Xcode project file that can be used to compile EtreCheck on any recent Mac with Xcode.

If you are going to make a claim that EtreCheck is malicious and not "meant to do good", then you will need to back that up with some facts.

I'm sorry that you do not find the EtreCheck web site appealing. It is designed to be useful, informative, and work on web browsers of any Mac made in the past decade. It is also designed to load quickly on a Mac that is having problems. For that reason, it is rather simple and not very flashy. It works on both desktop and mobile browsers. It is localized in French and English, automatically detecting the user's language preference. I would challenge anyone to do all of that in 2 minutes. I would be happy to hear any substantive and constructive suggestions for improvement.

i have to say no: it's not safe. heed apple's advice until you have warrantees / guarantees or compiled it yourself

Again, if you have any evidence that EtreCheck is not safe, then provide it or retract your statement. If you want to compile it yourself, you are free to do so. Apple has made no advice whatsoever suggesting that EtreCheck is not safe. EtreCheck is frequently used and recommend here on Apple Support Communities and elsewhere. If it had any "nasty viruses" I'm sure someone would have said something by now.

Disclaimer: Although EtreCheck is free, there are other links on my site that could give me some form of compensation, financial or otherwise.

Jun 21, 2017 8:03 PM in response to Coachdl

Did you try resetting SMC and or PRAM/NVRAM yet ?

http://osxdaily.com/2010/03/24/when-and-how-to-reset-your-mac-system-management- controller-smc/

If you did that already, do you have your data backed up or need it backed up before attempting anything further ? Do you think it is the OS, or perhaps a problem peripheral attached you could leave un-attatched ?

see macOS Sierra: Erase and reinstall macOS

did you try all those things yet?

if you need a backup before a clean install maybe you should let someone who's done it before (ie, an Apple store) do it, and learn how it's done after your "in the clear"

--------------------------------------------------

if you take something like MacPorts - it's not in app store for a good REASON. i don't want to "slam" that software but will say that software automatically updates and can BEGIN to do things it hadn't done when you got it, and contains software of dubious sources (all are optional though) but all with 0 license: if it's poisoned or becomes so from a remote hacker who's somehow got an update pushed in: it's on you not them.

----------------------------

take you own path i won't say up or down on Etrecheck just giving advice

Aug 13, 2017 7:53 PM in response to Coachdl

Can anyone help me with this? I happened to download EtreCheck and tried to run it in my macbook pro mid-2012 13".

EtreCheck version: 3.4.2 (436)

Report generated 2017-08-14 10:47:47

downloadetrecheckhttp://etrecheck.com

Runtime: 19:18

Performance: poorperformance

Failed to read adware signatures!

Problem: Computer is too slow

Description:

Boot-up takes more than a minute.

Internet applications are lagging.

Most of the applications run too slow.

hardware info

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

[Technical Specifications] - [User Guide] - [Warranty & Service]

MacBook Pro - model: MacBookPro9,2

1 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 (i5-3210M) CPU: 2-core

4 GB RAM Upgradeable - [Instructions]

BANK 0/DIMM0

2 GB DDR3 1600 MHz ok

BANK 1/DIMM0

2 GB DDR3 1600 MHz ok

Bluetooth: Good - Handoff/Airdrop2 supported

Wireless: 1 interface (plural rule: one) en1: 802.11 a/b/g/n

Battery: Health = Good - Cycle count = 448

video info

Intel HD Graphics 4000 - VRAM: 1536 MB

Color LCD 1280 x 800

disk info

APPLE HDD HTS545050A7E362 disk0: (500.11 GB) (Rotational)

[Show SMART report]

(disk0s1) <not mounted>
[EFI]: 210 MB

(disk0s2) <not mounted>
[CoreStorage Container]: 499.25 GB

(disk0s3) <not mounted>
[Recovery]: 650 MB

usb info

USB20Bus

hub_device

Apple Inc. FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)

USB20Bus

hub_device

hub_device

Apple Inc. Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad

Apple Computer, Inc. IR Receiver

Apple Inc. BRCM20702 Hub

Apple Inc. Bluetooth USB Host Controller

USB30Bus

PixArt USB Optical Mouse

thunderbolt info

Apple Inc. thunderbolt_bus

virtualvolume info

APPLE HDD Survivor (disk1 - Journaled HFS+) /
[Startup]: 498.88 GB (244.46 GB free)

Physical disk: disk0s2 499.25 GB Online

TinkerTool 6.2 (disk2s2 - HFS+) /Volumes/TinkerTool 6.2 : 16 MB (9 MB free)

Physical disk: Disk Image 16 MB (9 MB free)

TinkerTool 5.7 (disk3s2 - HFS+) /Volumes/TinkerTool 5.7 : 16 MB (8 MB free)

Physical disk: Disk Image 16 MB (8 MB free)

OnyX 3.2.8 (disk4s1 - HFS+) /Volumes/OnyX 3.2.8 : 250 MB (190 MB free)

Physical disk: Disk Image 250 MB (190 MB free)

Installer (disk5s1 - HFS+) /Volumes/Installer : 21 MB (19 MB free)

Physical disk: Disk Image 21 MB (19 MB free)

OnyX 3.1.9 (disk6s2 - HFS+) /Volumes/OnyX 3.1.9 : 72 MB (26 MB free)

Physical disk: Disk Image 72 MB (26 MB free)

systemsoftware info

Operating system information not found!

configurationfiles info

/etc/hosts - Count: 22

cleanup info

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.malwarebytes.HelperTool.plist

/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.malwarebytes.HelperTool

Executable not found!

/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.airplaydiagnostics.server.mac.plist

/AppleInternal/Applications/AirPlayDiagnostics.app/Contents/Resources/AirPlayDia gnosticsServer

Executable not found!

2 orphan file (plural rule: other) [Clean up]

kernelextensions info

/Library/Application Support/VirtualBox

[loaded] org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxDrv (5.1.24) [Lookup]

[loaded] org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxNetAdp (5.1.24) [Lookup]

[loaded] org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxNetFlt (5.1.24) [Lookup]

[loaded] org.virtualbox.kext.VBoxUSB (5.1.24) [Lookup]

/Library/Extensions

[loaded] com.malwarebytes.mbam.rtprotection (3.0 - SDK 10.12) [Lookup]

startupitems info

TuxeraNTFSUnmountHelper: Path: /Library/StartupItems/TuxeraNTFSUnmountHelper

startupitemsdeprecated

systemlaunchagents info

[loaded] org.openbsd.ssh-agent.plist (Apple, Inc. - installed 2016-07-09) [Lookup]

[not loaded] 7 applecount (plural rule: other)

[loaded] 152 applecount (plural rule: other)

[running] 56 applecount (plural rule: other)

[killed] 22 applecount (plural rule: other)

22 pressurekilledcount (plural rule: other)

systemlaunchdaemons info

[loaded] com.apple.airplaydiagnostics.server.mac.plist (? ? ? - installed 2016-02-01) - /AppleInternal/Applications/AirPlayDiagnostics.app/Contents/Resources/AirPlayDi agnosticsServer: Executable not found!

[loaded] com.apple.configureLocalKDC.plist (Shell Script fdaa81a4 - installed 2015-08-02)

[not loaded] com.apple.efax.plist (Shell Script e9cf10b2 - installed 2015-08-02)

[not loaded] com.apple.emlog.plist (Shell Script 24984d78 - installed 2015-08-02)

[loaded] com.apple.gkreport.plist (Shell Script 602379f1 - installed 2016-05-23)

[not loaded] com.apple.locate.plist (Shell Script 901bcab3 - installed 2015-08-02)

[loaded] com.vix.cron.plist (Apple, Inc. - installed 2016-07-09) [Lookup]

[not loaded] org.apache.httpd.plist (Shell Script 4f12bccd - installed 2016-02-21) [Lookup]

[not loaded] org.cups.cups-lpd.plist (Apple, Inc. - installed 2016-07-09) [Lookup]

[running] org.cups.cupsd.plist (? 2322eb96 0 - installed 2016-07-09) [Lookup]

[not loaded] org.net-snmp.snmpd.plist (Shell Script 440756a - installed 2016-03-14) [Lookup]

[not loaded] org.ntp.ntpd.plist (Shell Script 352be8e5 - installed 2016-03-09) [Lookup]

[not loaded] org.openldap.slapd.plist (Apple, Inc. - installed 2016-07-09) [Lookup]

[loaded] org.postfix.master.plist (Apple, Inc. - installed 2016-07-09) [Lookup]

[loaded] org.postfix.newaliases.plist (Shell Script 9b08acb0 - installed 2015-08-02) [Lookup]

[not loaded] ssh.plist (Shell Script edc54f2c - installed 2016-01-22) [Lookup]

[not loaded] 38 applecount (plural rule: other)

[loaded] 146 applecount (plural rule: other)

[running] 75 applecount (plural rule: other)

[killed] 15 applecount (plural rule: other)

15 pressurekilledcount (plural rule: other)

launchagents info

[not loaded] com.adobe.AAM.Updater-1.0.plist (? ? ? - installed 2017-08-12) [Lookup]

[failed] com.adobe.AdobeCreativeCloud.plist (Adobe Systems, Inc. - installed 2017-08-12) [Lookup]

[running] com.malwarebytes.mbam.frontend.agent.plist (? 631295be 680057a5 - installed 2017-08-10) [Lookup]

[loaded] org.macosforge.xquartz.startx.plist (Apple Inc. - XQuartz - installed 2014-08-12) [Lookup]

launchdaemons info

[running] com.adobe.adobeupdatedaemon.plist (Adobe Systems, Inc. - installed 2017-08-12) [Lookup]

[running] com.adobe.agsservice.plist (Adobe Systems, Inc. - installed 2017-06-23) [Lookup]

[loaded] com.adobe.fpsaud.plist (? 2afb3af7 e92009a9 - installed 2017-07-25) [Lookup]

[loaded] com.malwarebytes.HelperTool.plist (? 5ca2c31 0 - installed 2017-07-27) [Lookup] - /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.malwarebytes.HelperTool: Executable not found!

[running] com.malwarebytes.mbam.rtprotection.daemon.plist (? 31419c10 e3f423ee - installed 2017-08-10) [Lookup]

[running] com.malwarebytes.mbam.settings.daemon.plist (? a40d558f d0b9e521 - installed 2017-08-10) [Lookup]

[loaded] org.macosforge.xquartz.privileged_startx.plist (Apple Inc. - XQuartz - installed 2014-08-12) [Lookup]

[not loaded] org.virtualbox.startup.plist (Shell Script 700b9385 - installed 2017-07-24) [Lookup]

userlaunchagents info

[loaded] com.asoffertest.motion.agent.plist (Shell Script a1f94377 - installed 2017-03-21) [Lookup]

[loaded] com.citrixonline.GoToMeeting.G2MUpdate.plist (Citrix Online LLC - installed 2017-08-10) [Lookup]

[loaded] com.google.keystone.agent.plist (Google, Inc. - installed 2017-07-11) [Lookup]

[loaded] com.logmein.GoToMeeting.G2MUpdate.plist (Citrix Online LLC - installed 2017-08-10) [Lookup]

[loaded] com.skype.skype.shareagent.plist (Skype Communications S.a.r.l - installed 2017-06-27) [Lookup]

[running] com.spotify.webhelper.plist (Spotify - installed 2017-08-11) [Lookup]

[loaded] com.valvesoftware.steamclean.plist (? 500417fa 9280bbdd - installed 2017-08-14) [Lookup]

[not loaded] org.virtualbox.vboxwebsrv.plist (Oracle America, Inc. - installed 2017-07-24) [Lookup]

internetplugins info

FlashPlayer-10.6: 26.0.0.151 (installed 2017-08-09) [Lookup]

QuickTime Plugin: 7.7.3 (installed 2017-07-28)

Flash Player: 26.0.0.151 (installed 2017-08-09) [Lookup]

PepperFlashPlayer: 26.0.0.151 (installed 2017-08-09) [Lookup]

AdobeAAMDetect: 3.0.0.0 (installed 2017-08-12) [Lookup]

Default Browser: 601 (installed 2016-07-09)

userinternetplugins info

ZoomUsPlugIn: 4.0.22259.0125 (installed 2017-02-13) [Lookup]

safariextensions info

None

preferencepanes info

Flash Player (installed 2017-07-25) [Lookup]

Tuxera NTFS (installed 2017-07-04) [Lookup]

timemachine info

timemachineneedsmountainlioncpu info

6%
GoogleSoftwareUpdateAgent

1%
kernel_task

1%
Google Chrome

1%
launchservicesd

0%
amfid

memory info

491 MB kernel_task

249 MB Google Chrome Helper

153 MB Google Chrome

96 MB Google Chrome Helper

96 MB Google Chrome Helper

vm info

971 MB availableram

22 MB freeram

3.05 GB
usedram

948 MB filecache

111 MB swapused

install info

XQuartz 2.7.7:
(installed 2017-07-15)

The Unarchiver: 3.11.1 (installed 2017-07-21)

MacKeeper:
(installed 2017-07-23)

MacKeeper:
(installed 2017-07-23)

Adobe Flash Player:
(installed 2017-07-23)

Oracle VM VirtualBox: 5.1.24 (installed 2017-07-24)

SHAREit: 0.9.0 (installed 2017-08-02)

Bitdefender Virus Scanner: 3.8 (installed 2017-08-07)

Adobe Flash Player:
(installed 2017-08-09)

Adobe Pepper Flash Player:
(installed 2017-08-09)

Malwarebytes for Mac:
(installed 2017-08-10)

installsincomplete

diagnostics info

2017-08-14 09:45:27 Creative Cloud.app Crash [Open]

Cause: terminating with uncaught exception of type std::length_error: basic_string::_S_create

abort() called

Jun 24, 2017 4:11 AM in response to QuietMacFan

Hi QMF,

• EtreCheck is a safe, non-invasive diagnostic tool that is maintained by a highly respected and trustworthy member of Apple Support Communities.
  • EtreCheck does not change or delete anything on your machine.
  • EtreCheck does not reveal any personal information.
  • EtreCheck is easily uninstalled when you no longer require it.

I have installed and run EtreCheck without any problems.

Regards,

Ian.

Jun 21, 2017 8:12 PM in response to QuietMacFan

(software that does much of any good that iMac doesn't already do with it's great system log program: would take like a year to develop and get a nifty website as a result, i imagine)

for all you know it could contain nasty viruses: you have %100 no idea what is in a binary

even if you read the src - you'd still want to compile it yourself because one way viruses are distrubuted is by servers that distributed infected files (not the original download from the original site)

Jun 22, 2017 8:54 AM in response to QuietMacFan

You do realize that you responded to someone who posted well over a year ago, do you not? Furthermore, like many other users in this community, I have downloaded and used etrecheck in the past...on all three of my MacBook Pros as a matter of fact. I have found it be very useful and using it has never caused any problems at all on any of my Macs.

There are plenty of other discussions that you can troll if you like. Why you picked this one is beyond me.

Jun 23, 2017 1:45 PM in response to QuietMacFan

QuietMacFan wrote:

(software that does much of any good that iMac doesn't already do with it's great system log program: would take like a year to develop and get a nifty website as a result, i imagine)

for all you know it could contain nasty viruses: you have %100 no idea what is in a binary

even if you read the src - you'd still want to compile it yourself because one way viruses are distrubuted is by servers that distributed infected files (not the original download from the original site)

I think you are wise to be wary of installing software in general if you can't get genuine recommendations, but many here have used or have found the program's output to be extremely helpful.

The software is free, though you may donate if you like it, and will have taken considerable time for the developer to write and update over the years.

If you have time to analyse the source code of all software you use, you have more time on your hands than anyone I know, and if you are that proficient analysing source code I wonder why you don't write your own code to stay safe? Even if the source code was not available I don't see that as an issue - how many paid for apps have freely available source code?

The website is irrelevant unless you judge software on the flashiness of the site - personally I dislike most modern responsive web sites (incuding ASC) which have far too much white space and scrolling - sometimes simplicity is clarity and is all that's needed.

So in summary, yes be wary, but also this software is recommended by a large number of seasoned ASC users who've been around for many years - it's designed to help the user and helpers here, and it's just an altruistic extension of Etresoft's help on the fora - it provides information simply to help address issues, and while an experienced user could get these details manually, it would be time consuming and potentially error prone.n Nothing wrong with using terminal/command line tools to do a job, but that's too complex for a large number of users and could potentially cause problems too.

Ultimately your choice, just adding a voice of support for this - be guided by a balance of experienced users' advice as in general if they are unhappy with particular software they will indicate precisely why - not all agree but if you find the majority in favour I think it speaks volumes.

Jun 23, 2017 1:51 PM in response to Coachdl

For what it's worth I recently had issues with my iMac running very slow and getting the beach ball a lot was the norm. I ran malware bytes and the issue was fixed after I removed all the files it told me to. Now I can get back to gaming on my old iMac when before I couldn't even type a sentence without it lagging.

Jun 23, 2017 5:56 PM in response to QuietMacFan

You're so far off base here, and that's been adequately addressed already, but I felt a need to respond to this particular statement. What makes you believe that being in the App Store would make something safe? This is, unfortunately, not the case.

Search for "adware" on the Mac App Store. You'll find dozens of anti-virus and anti-adware programs. Some of those are legit. Most, however, are scams that don't actually do what they claim to do. They should be removed. They have been reported to Apple. Yet they are still there.

The App Store is not much more safe than anywhere else. It's a little harder to get truly malicious apps in there, but when one of the top paid apps in the App Store is actually a scam anti-virus program selling for $10 a pop, it's not safe either.

Feb 26, 2016 6:40 AM in response to Coachdl

When you see a beachball cursor or the slowness is especially bad, note the exact time: hour, minute, second.

These instructions must be carried out as an administrator. If you have only one user account, you are the administrator.

Launch the Console application in any one of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

The title of the Console window should be All Messages. If it isn't, select

SYSTEM LOG QUERIES All Messages

from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View Show Log List

from the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Each message in the log begins with the date and time when it was entered. Scroll back to the time you noted above.

Select the messages entered from then until the end of the episode, or until they start to repeat, whichever comes first.

Copy the messages to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Paste into a reply to this message by pressing command-V.

The log contains a vast amount of information, almost all of it useless for solving any particular problem. When posting a log extract, be selective. A few dozen lines are almost always more than enough.

Please don't indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

Please don't post screenshots of log messages—post the text.

Some private information, such as your name, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting.

When you post the log extract, you might see an error message on the web page: "You have included content in your post that is not permitted," or "The message contains invalid characters." That's a bug in the forum software. Please post the text on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

If you have an account on Pastebin, please don't select Private from the Paste Exposure menu on the page, because then no one but you will be able to see it.

<Edited by Host>

Is Etrecheck a safe app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.