Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance.

App store gives me this when I try to log in with my apple id to download apps; not very familiar with apple mac book pro; need a simple fix please

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 26, 2016 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2016 9:27 PM

Mac App Store Support -

http://www.apple.com/support/mac/app-store/

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X El Capitan 10.11.2; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 2.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 9.2

29 replies

Feb 27, 2016 2:23 AM in response to derekfrombismarck

I also have this issue as of this morning, started at login when SMARTreporter app needed a password which resulted in the error "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance" My App Store account does the same. Raise a support request at the link provided by Dah•veed

The only poor aspect of this is that it's a 48 hour response time!

Feb 27, 2016 8:20 AM in response to derekfrombismarck

I have the same problem. Long time ago I downloaded a free program from the App Store and sometimes it asks me to login in my Apple ID to use it, at some point I reinstalled it, the problem was solved but it eventually came back, now even if I login I can't start the program and the message "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance" appears. I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011), El Capitan.

Does anyone know if deleting the NetworkInterfaces.plist could harm the system in the long term? I hope someone can answer me, thanks.

Feb 27, 2016 9:29 AM in response to derekfrombismarck

Thanks plsvn for the link! It works.

For more precision to reach the folder check out the post of Robbie Bradley-Combs

🙂😎

Robbie Bradley-CombsJul 21, 2011 4:19 PM Re: Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance.
in response to martinfromoutofdenmark

This worked for me too:

1) Delete the file Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

2) Reboot

3) Sign in to the app store.

voila

p.s If you don't know how to do this, then I would caution you on messing around with system files - but if you are aware of the possible consequences (rare if you follow the instructions)

1) click on the finder

2) click on 'Go' (top menu) -> 'Go to Folder...'

3) copy and paste this into the field (minus the quotations) " /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration "

4) find and trash NetworkInterfaces.plist

5) reboot

Link :

Feb 27, 2016 9:30 AM in response to ehywd

Assuming you have an admin account/login then both the methods in Toya1's post are correct and will take you to the file.

Easiest way for you is to

Open your hard disk (HD)

Open the Library folder in the HD - not the one in your user which should be invisible

Open the Preferences folder

Open the SystemConfiguration folder

Drag network interfaces.plist file to the trash

Reboot

Feb 27, 2016 9:54 AM in response to ehywd

None of those, get out of system preferences, the startup disk is as its name suggests the disk your Mac starts up from.

I'm assuming that you don't have a Hard Disk icon on your desktop as this is (to me) the easiest way in.

Select finder in your dock, look down the left side column and under devices you should see Mackintosh HD

If you don't, with finder in the menu bar select finder and then preferences, this should open a new Finder Preferences window. In the new window select the sidebar icon, then look down the list showing and put a tick in the box next to your Hard Disk in the Devices section. Close the window.

Select finder in the dock again, now your hard disk should be showing in the side bar, select it

Select the Library folder

Select the Preferences folder

Select the SystemConfiguration folder

Drag network interfaces.plist file to the trash

Reboot

Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.