Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting a postal code error when ordering book

Getting a postal code error when ordering book, it is th correct postal code for my address.

In Canada.

Help

Posted on Mar 3, 2016 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2016 1:32 PM

Are you ordering in the Canadian Apple Store Online? If not then you need to change your online store site to the Canadian site. Scroll to the bottom of the page where you should find a circled flag icon over on the right corner. Click on it then select the Canadian store from the list and re-purchase the item. It should now accept the Canadian postal codes rather than the US zip codes.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2016 1:32 PM in response to method.kp

Are you ordering in the Canadian Apple Store Online? If not then you need to change your online store site to the Canadian site. Scroll to the bottom of the page where you should find a circled flag icon over on the right corner. Click on it then select the Canadian store from the list and re-purchase the item. It should now accept the Canadian postal codes rather than the US zip codes.

Dec 9, 2016 6:16 PM in response to LarryHN

Your comment is misleading, Larry.* The same issue occurs with Photos, with which you can still order photo books. This thread has a solution that worked for others and myself:

photos app 2015....has anyone ordered a photo book with this yet?

* The OP doesn't even specify iPhoto in the original question, and it's easy for people to confuse Photos with iPhoto. Given that 80%+ of Apple users are on Yosemite or later (which is the earliest OS version to support Photos), it's safe to assume that posters these days are talking about Photos, where this issue also occurs.

Having said that, PrestoPhoto seems like a great resource for reprinting photo books once your photo files have moved around and all you have is a PDF of the album you ordered. Apple should allow you to reprint books you've ordered with one click and without having to track down all the original photo files (with their names as they were at the time of ordering). Thanks for pointing that out!

Dec 9, 2016 9:22 PM in response to arturo mp

What part of this is the iPhoto form Mac forum and there is a totally separate Photos for Mac forum escapes you?

iPHoto 9.6.1 works on Yosemite as well as El Captain and Sierra and many people use iPhoto on those OSs

And then there is the simple fact that no one in this thread has said they are using Yosemite (or any other OS) - there fore the only reasonable assumption is that they have iPhoto where they posted

And of course there is nothing at all mis=leading about the factually true statement

As of March 31, 2016 their is no solution needed as ordering print products from iPhoto was discontinued as of that date

PrestoPhotocan print iPhoto books

Facts are facts - they are in no way misleading

LN

Dec 10, 2016 12:52 AM in response to LarryHN

First off, in the spirit of being constructive, maybe people should know that they can migrate their photo library from iPhoto to Photos, and then order books from there! (Possibly after having to redo those books...)

Fair point - had no idea this thread was under iPhoto.

Then again, most people won't notice that either. This and the other thread are the top (maybe only?) search hits related to this issue. (And how most people will reach these forums.) You yourself (involuntarily?) asked previously

In the Photos preferences is the print products country set to Canada?

and this appears next to each of your posts:

User uploaded file

whereas the only indication that this is an iPhoto forum is at the very top as:

User uploaded file

Given that for many users iPhoto and Photos might mean the same thing, your comment can easily be misunderstood as meaning that Apple no longer offers print services at all,* which fortunately is not the case. You cannot get print products from iPhoto now, but you can from Photos. I wouldn't want to have explain this to my grandma.

Another fair point - we have absolutely no idea what people here are using. That breaks my "safe to assume" and your "only reasonable assumption." However, that led us to now having info on this thread on both Photo apps, which is actually for the best since, as I mentioned, users of both apps will stumble in here when they run into this issue.

Just trying to be helpful, as I suspect you are. 😉

*As you're aware, there is precedent for this kind of discontinuation. Also, more advanced users, knowing about such precedents, may suspect that something major has gone wrong with the message "failed to match any valid regexes." That sort of error is too code-related for a user-facing Apple product. Something major could be a server being down, bad code (which seems to be the case)... or even a discontinuation of print products! Reading your Jul 25 post, and not keeping the Photos vs iPhoto difference at the forefront, could lead someone to believe that they can't order a print product. That would be sad.

Getting a postal code error when ordering book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.