Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 Plus (16gb) storage issue on IOS 9.2.1

Hi, I juz update to the latest IOS 9.2.1 with my iphone 6 plus (16gb) and having Storage & ICloud Usage issue where the available storage always running to "0 bytes" after i delete old apps, photo or clean up old message (i no have any video & songs in phone). I also try to downgrade the IOS to 9.2 but it's failed.

Is there any solution on this issue?

Thank you.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Mar 3, 2016 5:08 PM

17 replies

Jan 7, 2017 9:20 AM in response to Tan_es

I was facing the same issue after using iphone6 16gb for almost 2 .I tried deleting my apps,changing photos to other device,clearing Watsap chat etc.

Then I did a complete data reset and re installed all my 8-10 apps which I really use.Finally I checked my storage and see around 10gb free space now.i think it's a good solution so that I can use my phone for at least 1 more year.

Mar 3, 2016 5:26 PM in response to Tan_es

Hello I have the same issue in my iPhone 6S 16Gb. My wife has too, same iPhone model.

At the beginning we have enable both iCloud Photo Library with optimize storage checked. First I upgrade my iCloud storage plan to 200Gb and a couple of weeks later my wife does too (a 50Gb one).

We ave different apple Ids in our iPhones but we share the same iMac with a big itunes music Library with iTunes Match enabled. But we don have more than a Gb of music downloaded in our iPhones.

We don't have more than 20 apps installed and we are going crazy for losing the moment of our two years old daugther doing funy things 'couse the "Not enough storage to take a pic" jumps into our devices.

I've check anything but in my phone iCloud photo library grows oversized with no reason. Stranger thing is happening with my wife iPhone with only 250Mb of iCloud photo lib but out of storage.

No ames installed but candy crush and flight control.

Please apple help us.

Mar 3, 2016 6:21 PM in response to elcpu

Yes, we have that app but we need it.

I know that attachments grows with no control but the problem is with the backup is compressed and stored in the iPhone before uploading it to iCloud drive. tha file is not showed in data and storage tab in settings. Only it we connect to iTunes the file is in "others" type of data.

thank you for the answer. Sorry for my english typing.

Mar 3, 2016 10:17 PM in response to Tan_es

Hi elcpu..Yes, i do have Whatapps Apps..This morning after i delete some of the Whatapps chat message and photo, the available storage suddenly release to 2.9GB. I still monitoring when it will become zero again.

However there is a question mark for me is the "used storage" currently shows 8.6GB where i cannot add up from all my applications documents & data. Anythg i can do to restore the storage since now i cannot downgrade the IOS..

Thanks..

Mar 4, 2016 2:14 AM in response to Tan_es

I don't think the problem is only because the whatsapp. I think that the iPhone doesn't show all data store in it.

When i plug my wife's phone to my Mac by a lightning cable and open iTunes i can see all data stored in iPhone but this is not the same information that the data and storage in settings shows.

I can see 30 songs as they were disabled, in grey color, and i can't delete them. I disable the icloud music library in the iPhone and try to sync with itunes but the set of songs still there.

If I turn on icloud music library again then thumbnails of albums, artists and other information is downloaded to the phone but they aren't showed in data and storage tab.

With icloud photo library enabled you can see how large is your photo library in the iphone, with thumbnails and albums, but this don't work in the same way with icloud music lib becouse you can't see how much data related to this is stored in your iphone.

I think apple might to do something to control the maximum data reserved to this stuff, music and photos.

Mar 4, 2016 2:58 AM in response to Tan_es

The issue may be somehow connected with WhatsApp, so try deleting the app as suggested in earlier posts in this thread.

Take a look at this thread and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested there.

storage issues iphone 6

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on this device.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

If this does not help, restore your device to factory settings. Note that this will erase the data from your device.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

Mar 4, 2016 4:02 AM in response to Seisdias

HI Sei,yes it might not the Whatapps issues only..I juz ask from a Apple Store and they told that the new whatapps updata will take out around 5gb of your iPhone apps..currently my phone still maintain the 2.9gb free space..you may try to delete some old chat message,photo or link and delete empty chat group..

Besides,I have try delete other apps like Facebook,Instagram,yahoo mail,gmail and reinstall them after you clean the cache..while for delete thg in iTunes,you may be need to sign to your wife iTunes account when plug in her phone..sometime i need to remove the apps through the iTunes second time then only I can remove from my phone..

Mar 4, 2016 8:47 AM in response to D.Cohen

I've decided to delete Whatsapp.

My iPhone has about 300Mb in the app (settings->general->data and storage)

My wife's iPhone has about 1,5Gb in the app.

I've deleted it in both and in a few seconds there was more than 4Gb free storage. Amazing.

Now we have to wait for a whatsapp update to fix the problem. We use iMessage to talk but my parents and friends haven't an iPhone so I hope not we be waiting for a long time.

Thank U very much.

Iphone 6 Plus (16gb) storage issue on IOS 9.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.