Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not delete and then add the same email account

I delete the email account *********.com and when I try and add it back in I get the message "This account already exists". See screen shot.

I did reboot after the deletion.

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Posted on Mar 15, 2016 10:08 AM

19 replies

Jul 29, 2017 10:07 AM in response to Duane

Duane, I have read some of your post and replies, they are great. I wanted to ask you a question, and this is the only way I could figure on how to get a hold of you. So here is my question:

I am using Hazel on my Mac, and I have certain daily emails, that have a PDF attachment. I wish to have them automatically saved to a specific folder outside of Mail, or like to my desktop. The idea is then that Hazel can monitor that file and process it. Is there a script or other method that would permit me to move those specific attachments?

I am a newbie on Apple Scripts, if that is what it takes.. Can you help me? Or point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Alberto

Mar 16, 2016 11:41 AM in response to bewildered

You could go to your home folder .Library ,mail- and see if that account is still showing. Be aware that if it is still there and you delete it. Any email that is there is gone and the only way to retrieve it is thru your online mail server. There is also in home,library preferences com.apple.mail.plist which if deleted will recreate itself the next time the mail app is opened.

Can not delete and then add the same email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.