Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imac stand / tilt failure

i have a late 27" imac, it has developed a fault with the stand it is in the permanent tilt position it moves freely but will not hold for a desired tilt, many people are experiencing this problem, my mac is out of warranty, is there a recall for this problem which seems like a badly designed fault, i would expect it to last a lot longer than this has especially as i do not move my mac it sits on my desk, obviously i do tilt the mac from time to time but i have handled it very carefully, i think it is not fit for purpose

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Mar 19, 2016 1:30 AM

11 replies

Sep 13, 2017 6:24 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I would understand your comment better if it were an HP or Dell but your pay a premium for an Apple. The base stand for that model has a flaw. I just took mine to the Kansas City Apple Store to get it repaired and was charged. I got a call after it was fixed letting me know the hard drive was failing. I have never had an issue with my hard drive. I brought it home and tried to boot the system up and it sounds like a hover vacuum.

Apr 16, 2016 7:59 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Good to know RK, but right now it's the 5-days-in-the-Shop that's the problem - not the cost to fix it (free or otherwise). I'd spend $50 to get it back in a day - way cheaper than losing 5 days of production (it's a work computer).

I also had another problem with this iMac related to the hard drive and display (strangely enough). I get the feeling the late 2013 batch of iMac's wasn't so good.

imac stand / tilt failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.