Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 Plus running 9.2.1 won't update Apps, won't open some Apps, the battery drains quickly and it won't show me if there is a Software Update when prompted.

All of a sudden it seems I'm having trouble with my phone. Apps won't update (that's when I notice something was wrong), some Apps won't open, when I go to Settings and check for Software Updates the wheel spins until it times out with no answer. Also the battery seems to be draining quickly. I'm not sure if I have any malware, although I'm very careful...only download Apps from the App Store. Any advice? I'm hopeful 9.3 tonight will take care of these issues, but is something more going on...I don't know. Thanks.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Mar 21, 2016 12:30 PM

5 replies

Mar 21, 2016 12:33 PM in response to JDiddy100

Turn your device off and back on. If this doesn't help, sign out from your account and sign back in.

Also, you can try resetting your settings.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

As to battery draining issue: Battery Saving Tips for Your Beloved iPhone

Mar 21, 2016 12:37 PM in response to JDiddy100

Force Restart your iPhone.

Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Then try updating your apps.

If you still have problems, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

You will have to re enter your Wi-Fi password.

Then try updating your apps again.

BTW, there is an iOS update available for iOS 9.3. I just checked.

Mar 27, 2016 9:10 AM in response to JDiddy100

OK, I had the same problem. The good news is I found a fix that worked for me. The bad news is it takes some time. I backed up my phone to my Macbook (or any iTunes) and then erased my entire phone....all the way back to factory new. Make sure you have everything backed up. Then I restored it from the back up through iTunes. You'll have to sign back in to everything and create new settings, but all my apps and updates are working and running as I type this. BTW, just restoring over top of the existing phone doesn't work. You have to erase everything. I'm pretty disappointed this happened and Apple hasn't addressed this themselves. It seems several others are having this problem and I have run the list of possible solutions without success until taking the plunge with this, risking everything on my phone. Hopefully this fixes the occasional contacts dumping that happens with my iPhone 6 too. I hope this helps.

My iPhone 6 Plus running 9.2.1 won't update Apps, won't open some Apps, the battery drains quickly and it won't show me if there is a Software Update when prompted.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.