Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade failed (Apple TV Gen 4)

I've just tried doing a system upgrade via the system's menu, but it failed to restart after downloading and installing. And now it's stuck with a constant blinking white LED in the front.

I tried plugging in to the iTunes (12.3.3.17) on my Mac (10.11.4) with a USB-C cable. But the Apple TV does not show up on iTunes. (tried the on both my iMac and MBP)

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Posted on Mar 21, 2016 5:57 PM

17 replies

Mar 26, 2016 1:17 PM in response to Psymon

This has happened to me as well. I was running the beta, and when it auto-updated to the release version last night, it bricked itself. Plugging into my Mac using a known good USB cable results in iTunes not seeing it at all. Neither does the Xcode organizer.

Additional information: the system profiler report does list the Apple TV as one of the devices connected, but shows a totally bogus serial number (although it's possible this is a special serial number for USB purposes and is supposed to look that way).

Upgrade failed (Apple TV Gen 4)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.