Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.3

My IPad 2 stopped working after I updated to iOS 9.3.

Does not complete the activation. Can someone help me?

Meu IPad 2 parou de funcionar depois que atualizei para o IOS 9.3.

Não conclui a ativação. Alguém pode me ajudar?

iPad 2, iOS 9.3, null

Posted on Mar 21, 2016 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2016 7:26 PM

I have the same issue ! Anybody can help ???

21 replies

Mar 22, 2016 12:54 AM in response to HectorBravo

Dear HectorBravo,

Here are the methods I tried, after my iPad2 updated to IOS 9.3 and can't be activated.

1 - Tried to connect to iTunes in iMac, failed.

2 - Tried to remove iPad2 from iCloud.com, and restart my iPad2 to get activated, failed

3 - Tried to reboot the iPad2 a few times, failed.

I am looking forward to see if anybody can activate your devices , your help will be very appreciated.

Thank you.

Mar 22, 2016 11:37 AM in response to Spartan Trader

Dear Spartan Trader

I will describe what I did last night and see if it works for you

Ok, I updated for iOS 9.3 an iPhone 4s with no problem at all and an iPad 4

After downloading the software and installed I reached the point where the screen says Hello

On the Windows 10 PC opened the newest iTunes and connected the iPad

A square icon appeared on the left upper side of the screen

Gave a click on this icon and identified the iPad immediately, prompting for my Apple user and password

After typing this info, turned my eyes into the iPad and bingo, the screen appeared ready to use

End of the story

Hope this can be of any help to all users with the same glitch

Mar 23, 2016 12:41 PM in response to fabianafrompetrolina

There is a known glitch with iOS 9.3 and there's no specific cure yet.

Some have suggested to go to icloud.com, sign in with your apple ID and remove your device from your cloud account, then try to activate again.

Others have suggested to simply try to restore to factory settings using iTunes on your computer.

For others the restore only works after they go into iCloud.com and remove their device.

Option 4 is to just wait and see when Apple can issue a fix.

You can sign into iCloud here

https://www.icloud.com/

And here's a step by step on restoring your device if you want to try that.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Mar 24, 2016 10:46 AM in response to Skydiver119

ok, so I have never had a problem before and was wondering, how long do you wait? I have tried all that, customer support walked me through and then escalated this with a case number. Still nothing. Would you suggest just keep trying it from the ipad as well as itunes? It was backed up the day before this update, but I have never done a factory reset. I am nervous.

Mar 24, 2016 11:36 AM in response to fabianafrompetrolina

In some cases, the hint that you see on the Activate iPhone screen might not match your current Apple ID. To make sure that you're entering your Apple ID information correctly, try these steps:

1. Sign in to iCloud.com from a computer. You can get help if you forgot your Apple ID or need to reset your Apple ID password.
  2. Open Settings and scroll to the My Devices section.
  3. Confirm that your device is listed in the My Devices section. If you don’t see it listed, check all your accounts.

If you still need help, try these steps in iTunes from a computer:

1. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the computer.
  2. Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
  3. Select your device. You should see the Activate [your device] screen in iTunes.
  4. Enter your Apple ID and password and click Continue.

Or try to sign in to iCloud.com, so you can remove Activation Lock:

1. Turn off your device or take it offline.
  2. Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID and password.
  3. Open Find My iPhone.
  4. Select All Devices, then select your device.
  5. Click Remove from Account. If you still see a map in the device detail view, select All Devices again, click User uploaded file next to your device, then click Remove.
  6. After you set up your device successfully, make sure that you sign in to iCloud again.

If you need help, contact Apple Suppor

iOS 9.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.