Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating my ipad2 from iOS 9.2.1 to 9.3 over the air I cannot connect to activation server and the latest version of iTunes can't recognize to activate

I downloaded the update to iOS 9.3 over the air and installed. Setup cannot connect to the server to activate the ipad2. The message is to try again in a few minutes or connect to iTunes to activate. Yes I have the latest and current version of iTunes, so that isn't the issue. iTunes recognises the iPad as my ipad2 but cannot do whatever it does to be able to use iTunes to activate it. I have 2 iPads. iPad2 and iPad 4th generation. iPad 4th generation downloaded over the air and updated and activated and setup without a problem. Ipad2 updated and cannot connect to server to activate and I connect to iTunes to activate as the message says but iTunes can't activate because it sees my ipad2 and that is all it does. Of course I will try again to activate over wifi tomorrow but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thand you

iPad 2, iOS 9.2.1, Original ipad

Posted on Mar 21, 2016 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2016 10:18 PM

same problem with you jerryenea. seems this happen to ipad 2 only? my itunes can't verify my ipad 😟

48 replies

Mar 22, 2016 7:33 AM in response to Jerryenea

I have the same problem...but hopefully this is going to work

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

At least now it is in iPad Recovery Mode on iTunes and is downloading the software update.again via iTunes. I did not have this problem with the iPad Air. Luckily when i was trying to verify it earlier, the iPad 2 did back up to iCloud

Good luck!

EDIT: Nope....same problem.....

Mar 22, 2016 9:02 AM in response to Jerryenea

i have the same problem as other ipad2 users. my ipad 2 shows same screen as pic above. Itunes is not able to verify device. was in contact with apple support chat and installed updates to iTunes and device drivers....nothing helps. Tried to be back in contact with Apple support, was looking for the mail which they apparetly sent me with the case number....could not find that mail at all......i am really frustrated!!!!

any help?

After updating my ipad2 from iOS 9.2.1 to 9.3 over the air I cannot connect to activation server and the latest version of iTunes can't recognize to activate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.