Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone cannot go on internet send messages after iOS update

After I updated my iPhone my messages wouldn't send and I cant go on the internet unless I'm connected to a WiFi. That is the only way I can use my phone on the internet is if I'm connected to a WiFi. I restarted my network settings and still can't access the web through my 4G LTE. I have never had this problem before it only started after I updated my phone. Can anyone help me with the situation I am having Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3, Metro PCS

Posted on Mar 22, 2016 7:34 AM

19 replies

Mar 22, 2016 8:39 AM in response to scoby20

scoby20 wrote:

After I updated my iPhone my messages wouldn't send and I cant go on the internet unless I'm connected to a WiFi. That is the only way I can use my phone on the internet is if I'm connected to a WiFi. I restarted my network settings and still can't access the web through my 4G LTE. I have never had this problem before it only started after I updated my phone. Can anyone help me with the situation I am having Thanks.

Cellular data 4G/LTE is a carrier feature.

Contact your phone carrier to resolve the issue.

Mar 24, 2016 1:57 AM in response to scoby20

I am having the same problem and I have Sprint. I have tried all the things that tech support has suggested and I get intenret on and off. Also, iMessages are slow to send or I don't receive them at all. As I was writing this I now have No Sevice displayed on my phone and I am on wifi. Sprint said it may be the device which bites since I've had this phone since October.

Mar 24, 2016 9:40 AM in response to Lin83

Same issue with me. Sprint says everything looks good.. Their data servers show connection to my device and everything is set correctly. She's saying it seems like my SIM or LTE antenna might be having an issue. I went through an hour or reprovisioning my service and everything. Definitely started the minute my phone came back on from restarting after the 9.3 update.

Mar 28, 2016 11:16 AM in response to scoby20

One semi-fix I have worked out for this on Sprint is turning off the LTE. It will default to 3G and things will at least work normally, though a bit slower. Sprint tech support was utterly useless when I tried contacting them. I know of two others in my family having the same problem after updating. All 6s Plus on Sprint. Sprint needs to push a new carrier update to fix is my guess from what I've read, but who knows when that will happen.

Mar 28, 2016 12:15 PM in response to scoby20

I have the same issue (Sprint) - internet services are completely dark, apps wont load, texts/imessages wont go through unless I'm on wifi or I toggle the airplane mode. I contacted Apple Support and they told me to reset my network settings and to check with my carrier, Sprint customer care refreshed my network settings and told me to restart my device, once that didn't work they said it was an Apple issue and that there might of been an outage in my area ..

I went to the Apple store and after waiting for what seemed like an hour waiting to be seen by a doctor, an overwhelmed 20 year old kid at the Genius Bar reset my phone a few times then ended up replacing my device with a new one and said this was a Sprint PCS issue and that it could be a disconnect with the device SIM and the update. He also mentioned that this happens with Sprint customers every update, however this is the first time something like this has ever happened to me - you always hear stories like this and never expect them to happen to you. I got a new sim at a local sprint store .. and still after all this nothing .. a manager at the Sprint store said it probably wont be fixed until Apple releases a new revamped update that addresses all of these bugs. Save yourself some time and just use wifi until we get a new update !!!

iPhone 6s,iOS 9.3, Sprint

Mar 28, 2016 1:54 PM in response to psulat

It does look like it is an issue between the SIM card and the update. When I first turned it on after I updated it didn't even find a SIM card. Can only get 2G and 3G.

I may have a fix. My phone has now been working with LTE for the past 5 hours after I did the following:

I first reset the network settings and rebooted. (You will lose your WiFi setting.) Still now no joy, so I toggled LTE off and rebooted and then toggled it back on and rebooted. (See Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Options -> Enable LTE. It didn't immediately start working but a few minutes later I noticed it had switched to LTE and has stayed that way.

iPhone cannot go on internet send messages after iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.