Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

gmail login problem on ios 9.3

After upgrading my iPhone 5S to IOS 9.3 the eMail app will no longer connect to Gmail. It repeatedly asks for my password but fails to login when I put it in.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 23, 2016 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2016 8:39 AM

Have you tried deleting and re-adding the account in Settings?

14 replies

Mar 27, 2016 9:39 AM in response to oldovergrad

Unfortunately the problem is with more than getting gMail to work with iPhone mail client. Anything related to my Google login is broken. For example the Google News app no longer works if I log in, I have to come in as a guest.

I tried to turn off VPN but it won't stay turned off. When I move the button of "Off" it just moves back to the "On" position.

Apr 4, 2016 8:30 AM in response to oldovergrad

I have a related problem. After I updated to iOS 9.3.1 I don't have to sign in to get Gmail in the Mail app but when I'm in Safari I have to sign in to Google and Google Calendar every time. This only occurs on my iPhone. I have no trouble on my iPad. Both have been updated to IOS 9.3.1. I do not use an Adblock app. I have no VPN enabled on either device. I have carefully examined the settings between the iPhone and the settings on the iPad. I deleted the Gmail account and recreated it on the iPhone but that still hasn't fixed it. I have deleted all cookies and history as well. Anyone have any other suggestions I should try?

gmail login problem on ios 9.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.