Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Niksoftware collection now free !

Good to have as filter editors in Photo apps.

Posted on Mar 26, 2016 1:32 AM

16 replies

Mar 27, 2016 4:49 PM in response to Lexiepex

I just tested with Adobe Photoshop CS6. I can launch it from Photos with the "External Editor" Photo Editing Extension and it will directly show the plug-ins.

And after running Photoshop once, the "External Editor" Photo Editing Extension is showing the plug-ins directly. I do not need to open Photoshop.

This is what I can see in Photos using the extension:

User uploaded file

Mar 28, 2016 12:10 AM in response to léonie

Nice picture !

You have had a very wet last 4-5 months when I see this.

I have LTR6, it does not show the plugins. The plugins are correctly installed in the LTR plugins folder.

I also have DxO Optics Pro and DxO viewpoint. I am going to try Photos later, but I ave to put some photos in the Photos Library first. It should work then as you tested, even if the plugins do not show in LTR.

I have very little time this week so I will test later.

Thanks.

Mar 29, 2016 6:35 AM in response to Lexiepex

In Photos you need to launch the External Editors Extension. That will show all the Nik plug-ins for you. It is simply an interface to open all your goodies from Photos's Editing pane.

Get it from the App Store, if you do not have it installed. It is not expensive and the most useful Photo Editing Extension of them all.

User uploaded file

After restarting everything, you can then open it from the last item "Extensions" in the screenshot you posted.

Mar 29, 2016 6:33 AM in response to léonie

I should have read your earlier post better.

Now I see this:

User uploaded file

As you see also DxO Optics and DxO Viewpoint are there, which brings Photos to that level !

Why Safari, Monosnap, Preview, NeoOffice, ColorSyncUtility, A Better Finder Rename and Attributes are there I don't know (can I take those out here?. But I don't care...

Photos stepped up in my esteem...

Lex

Niksoftware collection now free !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.