Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

straight

Hello

Since I updated my Mac to El Capitán 10.11.4, I have a problem exporting versions of straightened photos. The exported versions will feature all my adjustments except the straightening. I've tried different exporting settings, different straightening angles and it always fails. Has anyone faced the same issue?

Thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Mar 31, 2016 12:31 PM

31 replies

Apr 19, 2016 10:10 AM in response to KMOfr

Thank you everyone for your help. It is a very strange issue. It only occurs with some projects, not all of them 😕

I tried both tools: the button below the browser and the adjustment panel.

With some projects, there is no issue at all and the tool works fine. With those that have the issue, I managed to export straightened photos by straightening them with the button, looking at the straightening angle in the adjustment panel (i.e. -1,1 degrees) and then entering manually the opposite angle in the adjustment panel (i.e. +1,1 degree). It's the weirdest bug I've had!

Apr 22, 2016 10:37 PM in response to wer-auch-immer

Now I realize how the errorcan be reproduced. the error occurs when the straighten tool and Levels adjustmentcontrols are used.

Very good sleuthing!

It is incredible, that we never noticed this. I just tested with Aperture 3.4.5 and it is showing the same bug as Aperture 3.6 when both the Straighten tool and the Levels are used. So the bug has been around for a long time.

It does not happen in Photos for Mac when both the Levels and straighten are used. So Apple knows how implement it correctly.

Apr 23, 2016 5:35 AM in response to léonie

Not to muddy the waters, but I tried to export an image that had both straightening and levels applied and had no issue. This was on my laptop using OS 10.11.4. I also have no problem exporting these images using Yosemite on my desktop Mac. I am using Aperture 3.6 on both computers.

It appears the bug is not universal, so perhaps there is another criteria that must also be met (?)

straight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.