Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

live Photo Button Missing

i Have iPhone 6+

When i open the Camera, there is a No circular icon in the middle of the top status bar next to HDR. Why tha. ( still im never add SIM. but i think its not issue)

i updated Latest iOS 9.3.1v

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 3, 2016 2:54 AM

57 replies

Sep 27, 2017 7:25 PM in response to tiggerwendy22

tiggerwendy22 wrote:

Same Problem and what's strange is a friend has a 5 and has live photo option on her phone

Please stop, there is no Live photo on a iPhone 5. (If it does then it's an iPhone SE, you've mistaken it for a 5)

ONLY these iPhones have LIVE photo option

Devices that support Live Photos

• iPhone 8
  • iPhone 8 Plus
  • iPhone 7
  • iPhone 7 Plus
  • iPhone 6s
  • iPhone 6s Plus
  • iPhone SE

Jan 1, 2017 3:30 PM in response to DjAT

Why does apple support keep saying live photo is only for 6s and up? It's not true. I have a niece who is too young to know technology or jail break a phone - her 5s has live photo. My technology dumb best friend has a 6 with live photo. I have a 6 and support keeps telling me I'm not correct and it's only on 6s and up. Why won't they admit they're lying and don't know why this **** doesn't work right?

Jan 1, 2017 3:56 PM in response to Jed0976

Your technology dumb best friend is clearly clever enough to fool you. Live photo is not a feature of the iPhone 6. I don't suppose you'll believe me - you don't even believe Apple - but at least this may stop other iPhone 6 users wasting time on a fruitless search for a feature their phone doesn't have.

Jan 1, 2017 4:05 PM in response to AKRBTN

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/iphone/11853787/Apple-launches-the-i Phone-6s-and-iPhone-6s-Plus.html

From the above article -

"The new iPhone models, which will go on sale on September 25, sport an improved iSight rear-facing camera capable of shooting 4K video, up to 12MP from the predecessors' 8MP and front-facing 5MP lens. A new feature named "Live Photos" creates a brief animation by extending the captured moment, stitching several frames together."

Jan 1, 2017 7:47 PM in response to Jed0976

Jed0976 wrote:

Why does apple support keep saying live photo is only for 6s and up? It's not true. I have a niece who is too young to know technology or jail break a phone - her 5s has live photo. My technology dumb best friend has a 6 with live photo. I have a 6 and support keeps telling me I'm not correct and it's only on 6s and up. Why won't they admit they're lying and don't know why this **** doesn't work right?

They keep telling you that because it's true. You're niece's phone is most likely an iPhone SE and your best friend's phone is a 6S. It is apparently not your best friend who's the one who's dumb about technology.

Apr 12, 2017 11:15 PM in response to DjAT

GUYS IF YOU WANT THE ANWSERS TO YOU'RE PROMBLEMS THIS GUY BASICALLY SAID IT YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE LIVE PLAY BUTTON WHY!!

When you take photos they ((((((((HAVE))))))) to be Live Photos when taken. When you're about to take a photo there's a yellow circular icon at the top of you're screen make sure it's on and then you can make a video and hit the play button.

Jan 8, 2018 5:23 AM in response to AshaDwyer84

AshaDwyer84 wrote:

Why don’t I have the live photo option on my phone? It’s an iPhone 6. My daughter has the iPhone 5se and she has it.

There is no such thing as an "iPhone 5se". There is an iPhone 5, a 5S and and SE. They all look rather similar but the SE is a much later phone and is the only one of the three that does LivePhotos. The SE is mostly the iPhone 6S in a smaller package.

live Photo Button Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.