Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Sprint's iPhone SE unlocked?

If I buy a Sprint's iPhone SE and select the "Pay in full" option, does the iPhone come unlocked?

Posted on Apr 3, 2016 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2016 10:07 AM

Just because you pay for a device in full does not guarantee it to be unlocked. You would still need to request the unlock from Sprint. The best way to get an unlocked phone at the start is to purchase an unlocked phone directly from Apple.

57 replies

Apr 3, 2016 10:15 AM in response to nicolas241

nicolas241 wrote:

The thing is that the iPhone that I need is model A1723 and the one that is sold unlocked is model A1662. Therefore, I want to know if the iPhone that is sold by Sprint, which is model A1723, is unlocked.

Read my response. It is not sold unlocked. You would have to request that it be unlocked. Besides that, Sprint requires that you be a customer in good standing for a minimum of 45 days before they would unlock a device.

Apr 4, 2016 12:04 PM in response to nicolas241

I have the same question. I want to buy Model A1723, because it supports TD-LTE.

I found this in Frequently Asked Questions on iPhone SE page.

What does “SIM-free” mean?

“SIM-free” means your iPhone doesn’t ship with a carrier SIM card. The SIM-free iPhone sold on apple.com and at the Apple Store is unlocked. That means you’re free to use a SIM card from a supported carrier. For iPhone SE, supported carriers include AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile, among others. iPhone SE does not support Sprint. If you wish to use iPhone SE with Sprint or a Sprint-supported carrier, choose Sprint as your carrier when you purchase iPhone SE. When the Sprint model is purchased at full price, it is unlocked.

I really confused about whether a full-paid Sprint iPhone SE is unlocked.😕

Apr 5, 2016 5:38 AM in response to FelipeV

I don't want you to chat with me, I was suggesting that someone could use the chat to talk to an apple worker (as a user) and solve the question. All the answers that say that the iPhone is locked, don't have any source at all. The only one that has a source is the one that says the iPhone is unlocked (Apple web site), and yet people say it is locked. Therefore, there is no definitive answer to the question.

Is Sprint's iPhone SE unlocked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.