Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

9.3.1 alarm issue

I did the overnight update to iOS 9.3.1 the other day on my iPhone 6 plus. I didn't wake up on time the next morning because my alarm was turned off in the process of updating.

Here's the big problem. My alarm will not stay on now. If I set an alarm and push save, the alarm shows that it is turned on (slider is green). If I close the alarm screen by swiping up, the alarm is turned off. I can click on clock again, go to the alarm screen, and the alarm I set is turned off (slider is gray).

Anybody else having this problem? Anybody have a solution?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 5, 2016 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2016 9:04 AM

What happens when you set the alarm, turn it on and simply leave the Clock app by tapping the Home button? Force closing apps is not necessary unless an app is misbehaving.

The next troubleshooting steps would be restart, forced restart, restore from back up, restore as new.

No problems with the alarms on my iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2016 9:04 AM in response to Chikken

What happens when you set the alarm, turn it on and simply leave the Clock app by tapping the Home button? Force closing apps is not necessary unless an app is misbehaving.

The next troubleshooting steps would be restart, forced restart, restore from back up, restore as new.

No problems with the alarms on my iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Apr 5, 2016 9:29 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

If I don't force close the app, it stays on. I didn't have this problem before the last update. But if I happen to clear all running apps, I don't want to worry about my alarm. I shouldn't have to worry about it. I paid too much for this phone for the basic apps not to work!

FYI - I also have an iPhone 6, iOs 9.3.1 (work phone) and it works fine too.

Apr 5, 2016 9:34 AM in response to Chikken

As Meg suggests, try a forced restart: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the restart.

Apr 5, 2016 10:11 AM in response to Chikken

Chikken wrote:

If I don't force close the app, it stays on.

Once you leave an app, it is suspended. There is no reason to go about force closing apps unless there is something wrong with the way they are working. You're wasting your time and potentially increasing battery use.

If doing a forced restart doesn't work, you need to proceed to the next step, restore from a back up.

May 5, 2016 11:39 PM in response to fgean

I had the same problem.

When i first got the phone I loaded a backup of my iPhone 5 on to it. That's when it had issues.

I then wiped the phone (reset it to factory settings) then loaded the phone up as a new phone. The issue alarm issue had gone. Next I wiped the phone again and re restored it from the same back up. It now works fine. However here are other issues. Like the badge on the mail icon randomly disappearing.

9.3.1 alarm issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.