Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long does the enrollment process typically take for apple school manager

I signed up two weeks ago roughly and my superintendent hasn't been contacted nor have I received any sort of emails... we already have a DEP account setup and verified - but I haven't gotten any ETA or idea if something went wrong during my enrollment... Is this a slow moving process, or is there someone I can contact about it?

iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 12, 2016 9:47 PM

11 replies

Apr 14, 2016 8:32 AM in response to emsd37

Hey emsd37,

I understand that you have some questions about the Device Enrollment Program. You can find the answers to these questions in the following link:

Where can I get more information and help?

For general information about the program, see the Device Enrollment Program Guide for Business and Education. For detailed instructions for using the program, see Apple Deployment Programs Help. The following articles also provide additional information:

If you need help with enrollment, click the Need Help button on the enrollment screens to find the enrollment support phone number for your country or region.

If you need help using the program after your enrollment is complete, contact AppleCare Enterprise or Education support.

Device Enrollment Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204142

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

Apr 14, 2016 9:28 PM in response to braden85

Hi Braden85 - actually our DEP account has been enrolled for years and works fine. It's the School Manager stuff that is stalled and I don't know what to do next... The information I got after filling everything out said that next they would verify our school by contacting our superintendent and then I would hear back - but so far nothing... what can I do?

Apr 30, 2016 1:02 PM in response to braden85

Several of the links within your re-post source information render here as 'return links'

to this self-same discussion; & they don't render correctly across all modern browsers.

So this may also be a problem when you reference anything, and this site software fails

to provide correct links to the original sourced URLs. Some evidence indicates, that on a

conditional basis, has happened for about 9 months, in some situations.

Thought you should know. Been going on more than a week at this level of evidence.

Several users of recent Firefox and builds of supported Safari find these artifacts.... 😐

Apr 30, 2016 3:11 PM in response to braden85

In particular, this link points back to this discussion.

"If you need help using the program after your enrollment is complete, contact AppleCare Enterprise or Education support."

I see this poor forum implementation has caught up with an Apple employee. Just got through with using Clonezilla forum and it was a lot cleaner looking. & this is free software.

https://sourceforge.net/p/clonezilla/discussion/search/?q=virtualbox+cd+isp&proj ect=0"

May 17, 2016 11:57 AM in response to emsd37

If you have a DEP account, then Apple School Manager is not available to you yet. Doesn't this stink? They need time to migrate the devices, etc. so the roll out is stalled for those of us who have already purchased devices. I'm pretty ticked off, because a spring deployment of an educational tool is only valuable if we have time to get it in place before fall. Apple will not guarantee that we will have it by then!

Shame on you, Apple.

May 29, 2016 5:22 PM in response to Azzie_RMSTech

We've had iPads in our district for a while now, but we just managed them with either iTunes or more recently Configurator. One of the school's im responsible for maintaining received a grant for 9 iPads per classroom which we didn't find out until after they were ordered. I freaked to say the least. Our account rep told me back in March that ASM would go live by May 1. Well, mid May I asked for an update and was told we should be moved over soon. Finally called yesterday and told them look I've got 800 some devices I have to set up and don't have time to sit around on my *** waiting. Theres nothing anywhere saying what or how we get moved from DEP to ASM. I need to be done this mess by the second week of August. I was in the middle of setting up Profile Manager and DEP when they pulled pulled all the documentation and replaced it with all ASM. I've had one engineer tell me Profile Manager would be able to handle all of our devices, but we may find ourselves wanting more features like reporting, disaster recovery etc. another engineer said that Profile Manager would "NEVER" be able to handle all of our devices. Now they are telling me that ASM probably won't be ready until the fall!! Apple ID for student's is supposed to be shutdown July 1 2016, which we would then just create ID's in ASM or link SIS. Does Apple not realize when edu IT folks have to do things and get them done by the time the kidos come back? Hello its called summer with no kids or teachers around using the equip or bugging the life out of you to fix their games. Urgh. Not cool Apple not cool.

May 29, 2016 5:41 PM in response to jcm.oo

It's called software development.

Good to have a contingency plan. Get buy in. Figure at a date you need to decide. Call some meeting with your bosses and key players. Give status report and ask them what they want to do.

You could go with what ever you did this year. Delay implementation for a year. Let someone else work out the bugs. You will not have the login facility. You should be able to set them up with google docs.

R

May 29, 2016 5:43 PM in response to rccharles

You don't remove documentation on software that is live and replace it with stuff that isn't live yet. You don't email your customers and tell them that it will be done in April when its going to be fall. You let your customers know what and how to be prepared for whats to come. You communicate with your employees so everyone is on the same page not giving conflicting information that could result in the loss of thousands of dollars and negatively affect students learning environments.

No sir it's called being irresponsible.

May 30, 2016 3:37 AM in response to jcm.oo

You may have to determine if the support level you seek is in the budget.

If there is an Authorized Apple Service Provider or authorized agent that

could be called upon, as part of a service agreement or sales agreement

on-site help may be available; within a distance, or perhaps for a fee.

In these ASC discussions, most replies are from other product users and

not representatives of Apple; most who reply here are volunteers and are

not compensated for the personal time, or expense of being online; and

most of us are not in any position to gain material privilege by doing so.

You may need to escalate your interest to a higher level, and that may be

of cost; likely you could obtain qualified answers via Apple Support by phone

or via email. The ability to contact Apple Support direct, is open to you...

At least on a "per call" basis with Apple Support, if there is no professional

in your organization that can proactively seek these answers ahead of time:

re: An IT or technical expert who understands and is involved with roll-outs

of new products or services, prior to their arrival on-site, who can also be a

go-between for in-field users as well as the product maker's tech support.

Get Help where you are:

https://getsupport.apple.com/

• Contact Apple:

https://www.apple.com/contact/

• Apple Consultants Network - Your Local expert:

https://consultants.apple.com/us/

• Apple - Find Locations (sales, service, training/certification, consulting)

https://locate.apple.com/

• Apple - Find Locations - Country Selector - Other regions/countries:

https://locate.apple.com/country

• Apple Feedback:

Tell us how we’re doing... Select the appropriate feedback option

(we read everything, but can’t always respond):

• Website Feedback

• Search Feedback

• Developer Feedback

Sorry to not have an adequate detailed reply to your issues.

Good luck in any event...! 🙂

How long does the enrollment process typically take for apple school manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.