Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted apps wont download...

hello!

this past weekend i had to delete several apps so i could have the available space for photos and videos.

that served its purpose and now i want to add those deleted apps. when i try to reinstall some of those apps, i keep getting the icloud icon and the apps will not download.

i have 4.7 gb of available storage and my wi-fi signal is strong.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

thank you for your time and assistance.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 18, 2016 7:43 PM

30 replies

Nov 29, 2017 3:48 PM in response to 33844

Omg I just figured out how to do it.

1. Go to the app store
  2. Click your account (in the top right corner if ios 11 I think)
  3. Click on purchased
  4. Click 'Not on this iPhone'
  5. If you swipe on one of the apps, it will say hide
  6. After you do that go ahead and search up whatever app you hid
  7. It might show a cloud sign but I clicked on it and it downloaded and the app opened.

Hope I helped out 🙂

Dec 8, 2017 9:02 PM in response to FunLilyPlays

Here’s another version of what the person above said -- to reload an app that you’ve purchased, but either removed from your device or want on a new device. Not positive that it’ll work in all cases, but it did for me...

On an iPhone or iPad

• Open the App Store app, then tap Today at the bottom of the screen.
  • Tap or your photo in the upper-right hand corner, then tap Purchased.
  • Tap "Not on this [device]."
  • Find the app that you want to download, then tap . The app downloads to your device.

May 7, 2017 8:15 PM in response to Razfromlapu-lapu

The same thing happened to me too and this was how I overcame It, the first thing you would. Do is to go to the App Store and click on categories, locate WhatsApp or the app you intend recovering then you try to download it or update it from there then it would come up. I really hope hope this helps ( for more info you can reach me on segunsamson656@yahoo.com

Apr 18, 2016 8:56 PM in response to Rysz

thank you for your reply and assistanc. i apologize if my question was confusing.

everything that you suggested i do, i tried doing in the app store.

my free apps nor my paid apps will not download in the app store.

im not quite sure whats going on.

oddly, as a test, ive been able to download a few new apps. these are apps or games that i dont really want, i was just testing to see if i could download.

i hope this info helps you.

Apr 18, 2016 10:47 PM in response to 33844

All purchases, even the free ones, are forever linked to the Apple ID that was used to purchase them. If you set up, or used, multiple Apple IDs, then that would explain the confusion.

Free apps, you can off course re-download using any Apple ID you want. To re-download paid apps (or music, movies, etc), you have to log in using the Apple ID that was used to originally purchase them.

deleted apps wont download...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.