Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you change font colors in support communities?

Thanks

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2016 5:04 PM

Tap or click on Use Advanced Editor in the upper right corner of this text block which will take you to this one.

User uploaded file

20 replies

Apr 25, 2016 5:32 PM in response to Demo

Demo wrote:

I know that you have been a proponent of making it the default.

It makes sense to me...

for it to be...

but apparently....

the powers that be...

just do not agree.

🙂

Close enough for guvment work for a Haiku

remove:

• 2nd line
  • "the" & "but" and make it one line = "apparently, powers that be"
  • TaDa! English construction of Japanese Haiku (Japanese is all on one line)

It makes sense to me = 5

apparently, powers that be = 7

just do not agree. = 5

Now THAT's TeamWork!!!!

Apr 25, 2016 7:34 PM in response to Demo

And, just to add my opinion: some people's posts are already confusing enough what with many different font sizes/types; adding color makes reading even more difficult. I pass by those - I don't have the time or the eyes to try to decipher them. Conventional business practices usually stick with one font and black color as it is easiest to read - anything else is too social-media-centric for me.

Apr 25, 2016 8:36 PM in response to babowa

Colors have legit technical uses - very common in coding, especially javascript

If the color doesn't happen in the coding window, it is written wrong

If you copy code in color and indents, and paste it here, it loses all the formatting

to maintain colors and indents - you have two choices...

1. screenshot it in a coding window - losing any chance of selecting any of it
    User uploaded file
  2. or copy pasting it and formatting it using the rudimentary advanced editor tools - thus maintaining the "text" attribute

COLORS "Mean Something" to coders

/* ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --

ASC HEADER AREA

*/

#j-header,

#j-compact-header,

#j-footer { width: 100% !important; }

/* navigation header (Apple Support Communities ...) */

#j-header-wrap {

padding: 0px 40px !important;

margin: 0px 0px 15px !important;

}

#j-globalNav-bg {

padding: 0pX !important;

margin: 0px !important;

}

#j-satNav { overflow: visible !important; }

#jive-breadcrumb { right: 40px !important; }

/* ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --

THREAD LIST BROWSER - list of discussions in a Community

Apr 25, 2016 8:09 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

I guess I'm old school, didn't use any color in coding for the most part.

Agree color can be helpful in setting apart code for some but it's use in communicating with other individuals is much more limited and I agree for the post part it is too busy and merely distracting while also being hard on the eyes. It sounds boring but black using upper and lower case properly is much easier to read.

Apr 25, 2016 8:13 PM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:

All of the social media that I participate in uses a standard black font and unlike here on several it cannot be changed. So which social media are you referring to that you use?

Believe it or not, the default text here is NOT black, but rather a dark gray shade

This is BLACK in advanced editor

Easier to see BIGGER

Believe it or not, the default text here is NOT black, but rather a dark gray shade

This is BLACK in advanced editor

Apr 25, 2016 8:26 PM in response to deggie

you are likely very right about "regular communication" in this case... Ziatron, the OP, doesn't seem to have interests in coding indicated by his authored or participated on his Content page - not following the Developers Forum either 😉

I got started coding a bit late in life. Never knew anything but colors using proper Pro tools like Macromedia Director and DreamWeaver - color is "instant" visual cue that you have got syntax right - or not, as the case may be

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.