Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

could not activate iphone 5s message activation server unavailable

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 9:19 AM

34 replies

Oct 19, 2017 6:58 AM in response to kesaem

Me too. I too am facing the same problem after going in for reset. My iPhone 5s will just not activate. Have tried restoration through iTunes and also tried removing my phone through iCloud in "find my phone" tab but the phone will just not activate. I think this problem is due to update carried out to iOS 11.03. If any one facing the same issue with iPhone 5s and has worked out a solution please do share it.

Oct 19, 2017 7:07 AM in response to imobl

Non jailbroken iPhone 5s which was working absolutely fine till two days back. In fact regretting my decision to go for reset of iPhone 5s with software upgrade. Now stuck with not being able to use the phone due to non activation. Infact we have become so circumspect with Apple software that I have not upgraded my iPad's software. Tried everything from restoration through iTunes to removing my phone from iCloud from find my phone option to trying iOS 11.01 which is still available as signed version, but to no avail. Just don't know what to do.

Oct 26, 2017 10:29 AM in response to kesaem

-face the same problem-

Your iPhone could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a few minutes.

Phone : iPhone 5S

iOS : 11.0.3

Happen after resetting my iphone last 2 weeks. Since then, I got this problem until now. I try to connect to iTunes. It didnt worked at all. iTunes cannot recognize my iPhone. Just now i found out that, problem can be solve by downgrade iOS 11.0.3 to 10.3.3. But, iOS 10.3.3 already listed as Unsigned IPSWs. Please help me. How can i solve this problem.

Just wondering why it takes so long to solve this problem, many guys already issued this problem, i guessed.

Dec 21, 2017 4:46 AM in response to kesaem

I have the same problem after a restore to factory.

I tried the following:

retry for a lot of times

power off and try again

dfu and recover via iTunes - failed

I updated to updating to the latest iOS 11.2.1 and repeat the rest of the steps done but got the same problem.

there is a working SIM installed.

connected to the wifi

all of the above failed

Apr 26, 2016 1:14 PM in response to kesaem

4 possible causes for that error message:

1] Activation server is actually down. Very rare occurrence, and of short duration when it

does happen. Solution - try again.

2] Your firewall and/or antivirus software are preventing the necessary connection. Solution -

temporarily disable your firewall and/or antivirus software until the activation completes.

3] computer being used for activation has been used to jailbreak an iOS device in the past.

Solution - use a different computer.

4] iPhone has been jailbroken. Your favorite search engine may provide some direction, but jailbreaks often prevent

activations/updates from succeeding. Per Terms of Use for this forum, discussion of jailbroken iPhones is

prohibited.

Apr 26, 2016 1:15 PM in response to kesaem

1] Activation server is actually down. Very rare occurrence, and of short duration when it

2] Your firewall and/or antivirus software are preventing the necessary connection. Solution -

temporarily disable your firewall and/or antivirus software until the activation completes.

3] computer being used for activation has been used to jailbreak an iOS device in the past.

4] iPhone has been jailbroken. Your favorite search engine may provide some direction, but jailbreaks often prevent

activations/updates from succeeding. Per Terms of Use for this forum, discussion of jailbroken iPhones is

prohibited.

Nov 6, 2016 6:50 AM in response to yavong

prohibited.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.