Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to setup dual external monitors to my MacBook Pro (2010 edition)

Hello! Can someone please help me, I've tried so many different options and spent a lot of money and still unable to do what I want to do.

i Have a MacBook Pro (2010) and I have two view sonic external monitors that I would like to run for music production. I would like to have one monitor to record my music on and use the secondary monitor to run my mixer separately. I have bought many mini display to vga, dvi, hdmi ports and all I'm able get running is the main MacBook screen running and one monitor or in some instances both monitors will run but they act as one main monitor and that is not what I'm trying to do. recently I bought a matrox dualhead2go Analog and I was able to get the same configuration... One MacBook Pro screen and one external monitor which again duplicated the other monitor but still functioning as only one monitor. When I tried setting up the matrox software it doesn't even recognize the 2nd monitor. Is this solution possible at all??? I feel like ripping out my hair and I don't wanna spend anymore money or my wife is gonna kill me. Please if anyone has had any luck with this help me out!!!! I wouldn't imagine this was gonna be so difficult. Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 10:07 AM

1 reply

How to setup dual external monitors to my MacBook Pro (2010 edition)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.