Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio track joiner question

I currently use a track joiner for tracks ripped on iTunes. Problem is that the app destroys all relevant information about the tracks, the resulting file is simply named "output" and has no identifiers whatsoever. Can anyone recommend a joiner which is easy to use and which preserves all or most of original tracks' information? Thanks for all help

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 1:44 PM

25 replies

Apr 29, 2016 2:00 PM in response to iMatchisgreat

It slightly depends on the original source format because ideally you want a method that doesn't re-encode the tracks. For AAC files, or if testing shows that transcoding doesn't cause any noticeable loss of quality, Chapter and verse might suit you. I haven't used if for some time, but if it insists on producing an .m4b output you can rename that to .m4a easily enough. It should offer sensible options for preserving and merging metadata.

tt2

May 1, 2016 10:03 AM in response to iMatchisgreat

I've a feeling it probably requires that you have QuickTime installed, which hasn't been routinely installed as part of iTunes for some time. QuickTIme is no longer supported by Apple and is a potential security risk, though the most recent version removed the web plugins so you'd probably have to work quite hard to trigger a real problem.

What version of Windows are you running? I've managed in install and run the latest version here on Windows 7.

tt2

Apr 30, 2016 3:25 PM in response to turingtest2

ISTR that when I briefly had Chapter and Verse installed on a Windows 10 machine I had to configure it to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode. I'm not convinced that C&V is an appropriate solution to the OP's requirement, since it will convert any mp3 input files to m4a before merging them to m4b audiobook forward (with like loss of audio quality).

Audio track joiner question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.