Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Empty photo albums after update

HI,

i have just updated my iPhone 5s to iOS 9.3.1 and I have gone into my photos to see I now have 300 instead of the 1500+ I did have and all my photo albums are empty! What has happened, is there anyway I can get them back, desperate for them as they weren't all backed up on my laptop, all though they maybe backed up to the iCloud.

Anyhelp would be greatly apprectaited.

Thank you!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 3:03 PM

Hi there Charley2050,

It sounds like you are missing a bunch of albums on your phone that you need to try and get back. The only way to get data back is to restore from a backup that has that info. I would first backup your phone to iTunes:

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes

Then if you do think you have them backed up in an iCloud backup, I would next restore from either your latest, or one of your recent iCloud backups:

iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 3:03 PM in response to Charley2050

Hi there Charley2050,

It sounds like you are missing a bunch of albums on your phone that you need to try and get back. The only way to get data back is to restore from a backup that has that info. I would first backup your phone to iTunes:

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes

Then if you do think you have them backed up in an iCloud backup, I would next restore from either your latest, or one of your recent iCloud backups:

iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Empty photo albums after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.