Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've got an iPhone 6+ covered by AppleCare+ with battery health at 82% is the battery covered for replacement?

😕 Battery life has taken a steep decline lately and even showing incorrect %. When I was at 9% I plugged it in and 3 minutes later it said 22%.

http://imgur.com/o4HAtsq

iPhone 6 Plus, null

Posted on Apr 30, 2016 3:19 PM

18 replies

Apr 30, 2016 3:25 PM in response to kalirob2k13

I don't know what "battery health at 82%" means (in your post's title).

If there is a defect with your battery, it would be covered (assuming it is not due to some user-caused event).

About all you can do is bring your iPhone to an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center and let the technician evaluate your iPhone and advisee you how to proceed.

Apr 30, 2016 4:26 PM in response to kalirob2k13

I don't trust those battery apps. Most of them actually insert some strange process on the device identified by Chinese characters. As indicated by sberman and the other poster, the device has to have decreased to below 50% capacity in the warranty period. You can actually do the battery check via chat and email with Apple. If you click on the support link, then select you have a battery question, they will email you a link. You click on the link and it will run a battery diagnostic on the device and provide you with a report.

Apr 30, 2016 4:30 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I'm skeptical of all of the "use this to make your battery last longer" apps.

Battery Life reads the chip on the battery to understand how many charge cycles have been recorded and how the battery is performing compared to its initial max charge capacity. I find it to be very accurate as Apple's tests have confirmed all information I've gathered with that app to be accurate.

Apr 30, 2016 4:33 PM in response to kalirob2k13

It has a lot to do with charge cycles, as you know. If there are a high number of charge cycles, it is assumed the battery life will be lower. However if battery charge cycles are low and there is low life, it could be determined there is a problem. I just know to have the battery replaced, it has to have a low capacity level remaining. So, if there is a thought that the capacity is getting lower for no apparent reason, then have Apple diagnose the battery. They will tell you if it warranty replacement.

I've got an iPhone 6+ covered by AppleCare+ with battery health at 82% is the battery covered for replacement?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.