Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 5th gen iPod don't boot

I'd like to know how to fix it.

When I try to start it it show the apple logo for a couple of minute then close. The iPod was doing great until it close because it ran out of battery. I recharged it but now it don't want to open. My home button is broken so I can't reset it. iTune doesn't see it when I plug my iPod (Tried on 3 computer. On WinXP, Win7, Win10, also tried each port.). Recovery program like reiboot abd RecBoot doesnt see my devise either so I can't reboot it. Anyone have a fix? I believe apple should have a solution for a iOS malfunction.

Edit: Each windows are updated (beside WinXP since they stopped the update) and iTune is updated

iPod touch, iOS 9.3.1, null

Posted on May 1, 2016 11:54 AM

4 replies

May 1, 2016 1:37 PM in response to KingAcid

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer done

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

May 1, 2016 4:57 PM in response to lllaass

For HyperBit: "If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support". Useless to try, as I said Home button is broken.

For Illass:" iOS: Not responding or does not turn on
Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings". Useless to try , as I said Home Button is broken.

"If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order." Idk how hardware can break by only staying on my desktop table and not being touch.

"Try another cable" Didn't work.

"If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again." What is this even. Its said on the title I can't turn in on, not off...

"Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar" No store within 8 hours of car. When nI try to get online support it ask me to call them. When I try to enter my serial number it says the product have been replaced, which isn't the case.

My 5th gen iPod don't boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.