Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMessage that i sent a friend said read and now it says delivered. How?

below the text it said it was read and i checked the conversation to see if i got a response about 20 minutes after it said read and now it says delivered. what did this

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on May 1, 2016 2:07 PM

4 replies

May 1, 2016 3:28 PM in response to allichickie

To temporarily correct the issue and see the actual status of the message (read or delivered), close off the Messages app from multitasking (double-tap Home, swipe Messages up & off the screen), then either power-cycle or force-restart the device (see below). Afterwards, open/run the Messages app again. The correct message status will then be displayed. The work-around is to never close off the Messages app from multitasking and then re-open it since this is when the read/delivered issue occurs.

Force Restart (won't affect settings/data/music/apps/etc)

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button

2. Press and hold the Home button

3. Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off, then back on displaying the Apple logo.

My iMessage that i sent a friend said read and now it says delivered. How?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.