Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicated photo folders with mixed rondom photos after IOS 9.X update.

After IOS 9.3.2 update, Now I have 12 duplicated photo folders.

Under duplicated photo folders have mixed random photos no related with folder name as well.

It happened same when I did previous IOS update and deleted manualy via itunes.

This happened again after IOS 9.3.2 update and this time I never plugged my iphone to my macbook. 😕

Anyone else have this same occurence?

Please and thanks in advance.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on May 18, 2016 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2016 8:31 PM

I have had this same issue for one and half years and I wish I had better news to share. Rather than repeat all, please read my posts in the threads below. Let me just summarize: new iPad, restore as new, hours and hours with AppleCare, even Apple Engineering involved, photos stripped of all metadata, etc. to no avail. Apple has not been able to resolve. This is not a common issue but many are experiencing it.

Re: Photos sync'd to iPhone from iTunes all messed up in iOS 8.1

Photos Folders messed up after iOS update

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2016 8:31 PM in response to Eric7e7

I have had this same issue for one and half years and I wish I had better news to share. Rather than repeat all, please read my posts in the threads below. Let me just summarize: new iPad, restore as new, hours and hours with AppleCare, even Apple Engineering involved, photos stripped of all metadata, etc. to no avail. Apple has not been able to resolve. This is not a common issue but many are experiencing it.

Re: Photos sync'd to iPhone from iTunes all messed up in iOS 8.1

Photos Folders messed up after iOS update

May 18, 2016 8:51 PM in response to elcpu

Thanks for your quick comment.

I am using iphone since 3GS.

Every time upgrade to new iphone (4,5,6s) all data were backed up for almost 6 years.

I think for this reason, iOS reliability getting down and down.

For example previous hyper link freeze issue mostly happen to mobiles have backup history from old version iphones.

Maybe it's time to jump to Android?

I believe iOS is still the best and hopefully apple sort out 'not big but not small' issues asap.

Duplicated photo folders with mixed rondom photos after IOS 9.X update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.