Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help!! Ipad activation (1●●●●●@qq.com) not my account

So... I was using my Ipad normally, suddenly went off and turned on again.

the problem is that when it turned on, began to asking for an Ipad activation.

The Ipad says is associated with an Apple ID (1*****qq@.com)

(1*****qq.com) is not mine.

I"ve always used my own real Apple ID. HELP!!!!

There are many people with the same problem. The Apple ID (1*****qq.com) appear to them too.

iPad Mini

Posted on May 21, 2016 12:41 PM

15 replies

May 21, 2016 2:37 PM in response to sam0060

Did you purchase your iPad second-hand? If so, you need to contact the original owner as the iPad is Activation Locked:

Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

If you purchased your iPad new from a retail store, you need to contact that store as they are likely responsible for the email address shown. (You showed it differently - the three occurrences of the address in your original post do not all match exactly.)

May 21, 2016 4:23 PM in response to sberman

😕

Since 2013 I have the Ipad and had always worked perfectly. I bought it new from a department store. When I used it for the first time I introduced my real Apple ID. I am the real user. All this happened yesterday.

This is the address that appears (1*****@qq.com) sorry I misspelled the previous ones.

This is very strange. Maybe is a virus, hacker or something that Apple don't know how to resolve because there's many people with the same problem.

I just can't enter to my Ipad without the activation😟

May 24, 2016 9:28 AM in response to sam0060

sam0060 wrote:

but how other people have the same previous user with the Apple Id (1*****@qq.com) 😐

For this particular email that you are seeing, I would recommend a few points of confirmation...

1. Can you login to https://appleid.apple.com/ with your own Apple ID?

2. If you own multiple accounts, check that you can still login to all of them.

3. If you are having trouble logging into one of your accounts, while I normally suggest visiting iforgot.apple.com, I would recommend you contact AppleCare and ask for Account Security. Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

The account you are seeing is a Chinese email address, and we frequently see these when an Apple ID has been taken over through phishing.

Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

You may have responded to a text message or email masked as an official Apple inquiry and provided information that was used to give someone enough information to take over your account.

There is also the potential that you did purchase a used device that had already been logged into iCloud, but had it's account taken over. I have seen plenty of cases where high-end department stores, like Macy's sell brand new Apple products using vending machines though.

AppleCare Account Security will need to find some means of identifying your taken account. This will absolutely need to be done by a Senior Advisor, although some first tier AppleCare Advisors have access to assist with Account Security as well, so be adamant that you speak with a Senior Advisor. They have additional tools that can help them to assist you in such an instance. There is the potential that the account has been completely changed in all of the elements of security verification that Apple has to identify you. If that is the case, there is no one at Apple that will be able to verify and correct this as they will not be given system access to change anything without verification as provided by you.

Best wishes.

May 24, 2016 9:33 AM in response to sam0060

One more thing to note. If you were given a proof of purchase/receipt, they can at least help you regain access to the iPad itself if not the account that was taken over so long as that account has not placed your iPad in Lost Mode. You will need to be able to provide this receipt for them to know it is in fact you who purchased it.

Help!! Ipad activation (1●●●●●@qq.com) not my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.