Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has iPhone SE a sim card pin in?

Have you a sim card pin inside the iPhone SE box ( USA sim free version, 64Gb, model A1662)???

It seems any iPhone sold in USA should not have a metal sim card pin inside. But this SE has one, why?User uploaded file

iPhone SE, iOS 9.3.1, null

Posted on Jun 14, 2016 9:17 PM

6 replies

Jun 15, 2016 1:40 AM in response to Rudegar

Factory? You mean the iPhone factory in China? As I know, all Chinese version iPhones have one sim card pin of the accessories.

But it seems USA govenment doesn't allow any small sharp metal component in package ever since 911, so there should be no pin inside the iPhone box. I don't know if what I know is right!

Jun 15, 2016 3:53 AM in response to id888

id888 wrote:

Factory? You mean the iPhone factory in China? As I know, all Chinese version iPhones have one sim card pin of the accessories.

But it seems USA govenment doesn't allow any small sharp metal component in package ever since 911, so there should be no pin inside the iPhone box. I don't know if what I know is right!

Sorry, but that is utterly and completely false. The very first iPhone was introduced in 2007, long, long after 09/11/2001. Every iPhone I have ever purchased in the USA has included the SIM removal tool.

Jun 15, 2016 4:13 AM in response to Rudegar

Every iPhone I've ever bought I purchased directly at an AT&T corporate store, including my current iPhone 6 and my old 5 (past ones include a 4, 3Gs and 2). They all included the SIM removal tool, and they all have been locked to AT&T at the time of purchase. I don't know why some boxes may not have included them, although I'd point out that the SIM tool is very easy to drop or misplace when unpacking a new phone.

To my knowledge, there is no inherent reason one should not be included though.

Has iPhone SE a sim card pin in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.