Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red Screen of Death

iPad Mini 4

Last night I plugged it to charge and this morning the screen was frozen showing the Apple logo. I have done a hard reset and thought it would solve the issue. Unfortunately, soon after the Apple logo I got a red screen. The iPad is in an infinite loop and does not initialize.

I've tried to restore the iPad using iTunes, but it did not worked. I have entered in DFU mode and tried to restore again, no luck at all.

My last resort is Apple Support. I will take it to an Authorized Apple Service Center and hope for the best.

What frustrates me is that I have this iPad for 2 months and it was bought new in an Apple Store. I'm really upset...

User uploaded file

AlemaoSlv

iPad Mini, iOS 9.3.2, null

Posted on Jun 18, 2016 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2016 6:49 AM

There's a 40 page thread of prople turning their iPads over and giving the iPad a smack to fix the red screen. It seems to work. All of these people got the red screen after dropping their iPads so I don't know if it's the same problem.

Here's the link. It's a fun read if nothing else.

iPad dropped, now with red screen/background

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2016 6:49 AM in response to AlemaoSlv

There's a 40 page thread of prople turning their iPads over and giving the iPad a smack to fix the red screen. It seems to work. All of these people got the red screen after dropping their iPads so I don't know if it's the same problem.

Here's the link. It's a fun read if nothing else.

iPad dropped, now with red screen/background

Jun 18, 2016 6:07 AM in response to AlemaoSlv

I understand your frustration, however electronic devices can fail, for any number of reasons. Since the device is still under warranty, Apple should take care of your problem.

This is a user to user support forum. If you wish you share your frustration with Apple, then use their feedback page here, http://www.apple.com/feedback and click on the appropriate subject area.

Jun 18, 2016 2:43 PM in response to AlemaoSlv

AlemaoSlv wrote:

the idea is to check if any other user is having the same problem and if they managed to solved and how...

I thought the idea was for you to get your device working again. That is why I advised that since it is only 60 days old and under warranty, take it to Apple for them to make a decision. More than likely if a manufacturing defect, the device will be replaced.

Red Screen of Death

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.