Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hiroto, javascript fix for ASC.

Request: Copy page movement info to above the question.

I saw a post were you authored some JavaScript for injection into an ASC page via GreaseMonkey. I use Firefox 47.0 as my web browser.

Hiroto (followup question)

I was wonder if you would consider writing a little more JavaScript.

On a multi page post, it's a big pain to have to scroll down so you can skip to the next or last page. I was hoping you might be able to copy this info above the question. I rather it be copied then moved, but move is better than letting the movement info were it is.

User uploaded file

To be clear, this is the stuff I want copied.

User uploaded file

Should the thread be one page, some indication should be placed there instead. "one page only" , "page 1 of 1" etc.

Thanks in advance,

R

PS. perhaps this could be done via css. Move the relative modified to some other place.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Fall 2014; iPhone 4 7.1.2

Posted on Jun 28, 2016 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2016 2:34 PM

Hello

The simplest would be to pin the pagination navigator to the top right corner of the view port by CSS.

The following will move the first pagination navigator to the top right corner of the screen view port. It will stay there and may be annoying in another sense, though.

@-moz-document domain(communities.apple.com), domain(discussions.apple.com), domain(discussionsjapan.apple.com), domain(discussionskorea.apple.com), domain(discussionschinese.apple.com) { @media screen { .j-thread .jive-thread-messages .j-pagination:first-child { position: fixed !important; top: -30px !important; right: 0px !important; } } }

As for javascript solution, it would be possible but not simple. Not enough spare time for that now...

Good luck,

H

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2016 2:34 PM in response to rccharles

Hello

The simplest would be to pin the pagination navigator to the top right corner of the view port by CSS.

The following will move the first pagination navigator to the top right corner of the screen view port. It will stay there and may be annoying in another sense, though.

@-moz-document domain(communities.apple.com), domain(discussions.apple.com), domain(discussionsjapan.apple.com), domain(discussionskorea.apple.com), domain(discussionschinese.apple.com) { @media screen { .j-thread .jive-thread-messages .j-pagination:first-child { position: fixed !important; top: -30px !important; right: 0px !important; } } }

As for javascript solution, it would be possible but not simple. Not enough spare time for that now...

Good luck,

H

Jun 30, 2016 5:56 AM in response to rccharles

Hello

I noticed some element may hide the pagination navigator behind. So added z-index property to show it at top.

@-moz-document domain(communities.apple.com), domain(discussions.apple.com), domain(discussionsjapan.apple.com), domain(discussionskorea.apple.com), domain(discussionschinese.apple.com) { @media screen { .j-thread .jive-thread-messages .j-pagination:first-child { position: fixed !important; top: -30px !important; right: 0px !important; z-index: 9999 !important; } } }

All the best,

H

Jun 30, 2016 8:41 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Ah, I see. I have already removed the useless global navigation block at the top by means of:

@-moz-document domain(communities.apple.com), domain(discussions.apple.com), domain(discussionsjapan.apple.com), domain(discussionskorea.apple.com), domain(discussionschinese.apple.com) { #global-nav-wrapper {display: none !important; } }

That's why I used top: -30px for floating pagination nagiator. Please adjust the offset as you see fit. 😉

Regards,

H

Jun 30, 2016 9:08 AM in response to Hiroto

[chuckle]

The "personal preference" CSSes are getting unmanageable for me 😉

I am getting quite fond of tt2's Minimal w/ your Page# and now "Poster LEFT of Message"

I have reduced tt2's FontSize to 16px 😎

If I could take the time to decipher all the individual "features", I would make up a bunch of "feature set" CSSes for ease of switching them on and off as one's taste dictates.

Your page # script is a fine example of an "ala carte" script - and tt2's Minimal is one of a "set of features"

Thanks for your continued efforts, amigo.

Aug 3, 2016 8:21 AM in response to Hiroto

Howdy Hiroto

It seems that the "floating" (actually fixed) page # controls have NOW been defeated somehow.

Change Forum Username

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6662752?start=15&tstart=0

is page two of a MULTI-page thread

near the bottom of page #2 - notice no PageNav at top right of image

User uploaded file

PageNav FIRMLY anchored at bottom right

User uploaded file

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry...

adapted from a line in “To a Mouse,” by Robert Burns : “The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley.”

Aug 3, 2016 12:01 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Did chitlinsCC have some css for me to test? I saw something, but cannot find it now. Seems like you cured the issue.

POSITIVE 60 from "-20"

curious. I think absolute is actually relative. It absolute is relative to the current relative keyword. Apple may have added a relative or change location of relative. I'd sure like a css tag that is relative to a named html class or id.

R

Aug 3, 2016 2:06 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Hello

They have introduced .j-pagination.top with different margin that is the reason why we need to adjust our rules accordingly. Something like the following.

/* file: pagination on top.css function: let the first pagenation navigator float on top right corner of screen view port version: v0.11 - adjusted to new site style selector => .j-pagination.top margin => 0px top => 50px (w/ global nav) top => 5px (w/o global nav */ @-moz-document domain(communities.apple.com), domain(discussions.apple.com), domain(discussionsjapan.apple.com), domain(discussionskorea.apple.com), domain(discussionschinese.apple.com) { @media screen { .j-thread .jive-thread-messages .j-pagination.top { margin: 0px !important; position: fixed !important; top: 50px !important; /* top: 5px !important; */ right: 0px !important; z-index: 9999 !important; } } }

Regards,

H

Hiroto, javascript fix for ASC.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.