Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't delete what appears to be a null app

I attempted to download an app that I thought would be compatible with my device, but then received an error stating that the device wasn't compatible (hardware, not software, I checked). I then closed out of the App Store, only to find the app attempting to download anyway. I decided to try to delete it, but nothing happened when I confirmed I wanted to delete it. I've tried both a full power cycle (turning it completely off and back on) and a hard restart, but have only seen the situation worsen. The app now displays only as a null placeholder, and will not respond.

After contacting Apple support, it appears that this may be a lost cause without a factory reset. If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jul 11, 2016 11:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2016 12:20 AM

Did you try settings> general> Storage and iCloud usage> storage> manage storage> look for the null app> delete.

2 replies

I can't delete what appears to be a null app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.