Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

empty list of dictionaries ios 9.3.2 - 9.3.3

In safari, ibooks, notes there is no any dictionary to show/download after define and manage. Just empty list of rows. Reset all settings and update from 9.3.2 to 9.3.3 not help. It happened after update from 8 to 9 ios.User uploaded file

iPad Mini, iOS 9.3.2

Posted on Aug 1, 2016 11:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2016 4:20 PM

i have similar problem.

i bought iPad Pro and restored backup of old my iPad Air. Then updated from 9.3.2 to 9.3.3. as result now after text selection in any program 'define' shows no content and calling 'dictionaries' show empty list of availabl/downloadable dictionaries.

24 replies

Aug 4, 2016 2:57 PM in response to ipadby11tut.by

I have the same problem for iPhone - I had reset it and restored from backup and detected that 'define' function lead no result due to missed dictionaries and even more -> I can't download any dictionarie.

THough when I had just updated (no reset) my wife's iPhone to iOS 9.3.3 it still has working define function and dictionaries are availabl.

Aug 4, 2016 11:41 PM in response to Akronim

I have exactly the same problem.

I upgraded my iPhone 6 to iOS 9.3.3 just last Tuesday (didn't reset/backup) and noticed the problem the next day. I also upgraded our iPad Mini soon after that but all built-in dictionaries are still available there.

I contacted Apple Support via Twitter and they want to run a diagnostic test as soon as I get to backup my iPhone (which I have yet to do as I am too busy and Internet connection here is sooo slooow). I just hope it won't go as far as having to reset my Phone and restore it from backup (which I'm guessing won't help based on others' replies).

empty list of dictionaries ios 9.3.2 - 9.3.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.