Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 - error connecting to Apple ID server

Have updated my PC to Windows 10 and latest version of iTunes 12.4.3.1 and it will not allow me to sign in. When I attempt I constantly get the message "Verification Failed - There was an error connecting to the Apple ID server"

I can see no way around this and as such cannot log into itunes and cannot purchase what I want from the iTunes store and add to my library.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Posted on Aug 11, 2016 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2018 4:44 PM

Are you connecting via a proxy server or firewall? iTunes doesn't play well with proxies and might have issues with some third party firewalls. See if anything in If you can't connect to the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store - Apple Support helps.

tt2

11 replies

Jun 5, 2017 5:42 PM in response to tim_135

Little late to the thread but, Tim, I have been experiencing this problem lately. I did what you suggested and created a separate windows sign in account. I can sign into itunes on that one! Just wondering what issue that might indicate that you alluded to in your comment? Please get back to me. I would greatly appreciate the help in getting this resolved as it has been the bane of my life for a few months now and this is the first I've actually had time to sit down and really dig into it. Thanks!

Jan 7, 2018 11:18 PM in response to CHBlack

Hi Ch,

I tried Windows 10 and really gave it a chance, but I got tired of contacting Microsoft support to help me work through compatibility issues and more. I received assistance. They were great, but it became all too time consuming.

I went back to Windows 8 and all is well again.

Since this is a singular incident for you, you may want to try Microsoft support. Again, they are helpful but I simply got tired of contacting and decided I'll stick with 8 for now. I'd give, contacting them on this issue, a try :)

Best of luck!

Aug 11, 2016 5:33 PM in response to Jasoncarvers

Hello Jasoncarvers,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand from your post that you are not able to sign into the iTunes Store from iTunes on your Windows PC running Windows 10. I see that the error you are receiving says, "Verification Failed - There was an error connecting to the Apple ID server." I know how important it is for you to be able to sign into iTunes so you can make purchases.

In a situation like this, I recommend testing the issue in a new user account on your Windows PC. To create a new user account follow the steps in this article:

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Once you have the new user account created try signing into iTunes while signed into the new user account. If you are successful, that may indicate an issue with your first user account.

Reply back if the issue persists when signed into a new user account.

Best Regards

Aug 16, 2016 3:50 PM in response to tim_135

Hi Tim, thanks for your response on this. I have indeed tried this numerous times today, but due to errors with Windows 10, the settings option that I go to where I can add a new user account constantly freezes and fails due to an error with a message constantly saying "sorry, something went wrong" - no other detail than that, repeatedly.

I will endeavour to keep trying/wait for updates. It is incredibly unfortunate how vast the disconnect is with Windows 10 and iTunes and am hoping that this will be picked up by all quarters and be remedied in future updates sooner rather than later so I can use iTunes and purchase and enjoy the desired items which I am sure Apple would like for all their consumers to do.

Thanks again for your response.

Windows 10 - error connecting to Apple ID server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.