Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 microphone not working for Phone Calls or Snapchat

My iPhone 6 (iOS 9.3.4) has started acting annoyingly unusual recently. I first noticed when my snapchat videos recorded only a muffled, almost windy sounding audio that barely works at all. I tested the phone with both my camera app video recorder, and voice memo recorder and both times there were NOT issues with audio. I took this is an eye roller and blamed snapchat.

Then, I get a phone call. The person on the other line CANNOT hear me when I answer. I can hear them. I go to speaker phone. They can hear me clear as day. This is unacceptable. Clearly there is something fishy going on. I can record clear audio with my camera and voice memos, but not with snapchat. It does the same thing when I use the instagram app to record video as well. I cannot use my microphone in phone calls.

I FOLLOWED EVERY TROUBLESHOOTING METHOD ON THE WEB.

-I cleaned the mic.

-I did a hard reset.

-I reset all of my settings.

-I erased the phone and restored via iTunes.

-I toggled noise cancellation in Accessibility.

This is ridiculous. I haven't physically damaged the phone. This is a warranty replacement for my last phone that just decided it was going to die. It was CONFIRMED as a defect by Verizon and Apple. I take very good care of my devices and have paid very good money to own them. Any suggestions?!

If this cannot be fixed, I am switching to a Galaxy come upgrade time.

Posted on Aug 19, 2016 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2016 7:17 AM

Hi, I have exactly the same issues you described. Did you find a solution for this?

thanks in advance.

4 replies

Iphone 6 microphone not working for Phone Calls or Snapchat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.