Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 10 - unable to take "Screenshots"

Upgraded to IOS 10 on both iPhone 6 and iPad mini 4. Unable to take "screenshot" on either device. Using old method, takes me back to homepage. Can't find answer from Apple yet? Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 13, 2016 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2016 3:50 PM

Try holding the sleep button and then tap the home button. Do it sort of quickly so that you don't put the device to sleep by holding the sleep button too long.

IT is working fine for me as you can see here.

User uploaded file

35 replies

Sep 14, 2016 1:55 PM in response to Michael Black

To clarify... No one got 10.0.0 as a public release yesterday = everyone got 10.0.1 ?

The only reference to "10.0.1" in your linked article is IN the title

NBC Nightly News w/ Lester Holt reported last evening that the "bricking" of a "small percentage"(Apple's words) of iPhones had been fixed with an upDate - REPORT at about 17:45 CDT-US in the newscast as I recall

Uncle Tim said " 1,000,000,000 " (in BIG numbers on the BIG screen) iPhones now sold on the event = 1% (small percentage) is 10 Million! = not chicken feed!

Sep 14, 2016 2:14 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

Yes, sorry if that was not clear. The 10.0.1 GM beta was seeded around Sept. 7th or so (I don't remember exactly - news sites that report and track the beta releases will have it recorded). So the public release was 10.0.1, not 10.0.

From what I read, the issues with OTA updates had to do with the parsing of the update files - note that the OTA update is a device specific install bundle, while the iTunes update is always the full release installer. But reports are that the issue was not with the public release per se, but with some OTA implementations of the public release? I have not seen details though of what was going on, or what experts think was going on.

For myself, my iPad Air2 already had the beta GM. My iPhone 6 updated fine with the OTA update. My iPad Pro went into recovery mode with the OTA update, but updating (again) in iTunes was all it took to get it right back and running fine (nothing lost, nothing needed to be restored). Other than the 35-45 minute download in iTunes it was not a problem, just annoying.

Sep 14, 2016 2:56 PM in response to Michael Black

muchas gracias, amigo

CRYSTAL CLEAR.

Alex: As an unmuddied lake, friend. As clear as an azure sky of deepest summer. You can rely on me, friend.

User uploaded file

While I have your attention...

Terms are important to me - maybe too much so for some folks.

Would not a move to iOS 10 be considered an upGRADE rather than an upDATE?

When I (and everyone I knew) versioned my/our software, the "middle" number was a major upDATE and the last number was a minor upDATE

Sep 14, 2016 3:16 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

True, convention would be that any dot-zero release is considered an upgrade. And anything that follows from the dot-zero would be an update. But for those of us who just routinely always merely make sure our iOS devices are running the latest iOS version for that hardware, it's somewhat moot to my thinking (I just keep my "iOS" current, regardless of numbering).

I actually tend to think of OS X in that same vein, because I've been using it since the initial public-beta release in 2000 and its always just been OS X version 10.something to me, so over time, the numbered releases all just blur into a continuum in some ways (I still have a powerbook running 10.4).

As with most conventions, there's always a way to blur the lines or meaning 😁

(and lets not even get into all the code names and whatnot)

IOS 10 - unable to take "Screenshots"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.