Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 10 Auto-Lock not working.

Hi,

I've just updated my iPhone 6s to iOS 10 and now auto-lock doesn't work, and the screen stays on unless I manually lock it and if I receive a notification while it is locked the screen stays lit, which depletes the battery quickly.

I've checked the settings under display & brightness (I have it set to 30 sec)

I've checked Assisted Touch is switch off under Accessibility

I've rebooted my iPhone

I've reset all settings

Has anybody else encountered this problem, or have any other ideas how to resolve it?

Thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 15, 2016 3:09 AM

62 replies

May 16, 2017 10:51 AM in response to hugodamon56

Brand new iPhone 7 running 10.3.2.

If iPhone is set for a 3-minute auto-lock, AND the home screen is showing, it will fade at 1:10 and go black 20 seconds later. But if an app screen is showing (like Phone/Favorites) it fades a 2:40 and goes black 20 seconds later at 3:00 like is should.

I don't think this is a hardware issue.

If I set the auto-lock to "never" that works... it never goes dark.

Everything else on the phone works fine except the auto-lock time.

Can anyone replicate?

Jun 1, 2017 8:55 PM in response to Jeff Blume

That also happened to me. My batter ran down, and when recharged the auto-lock had changed To 30 sec from never. In "Settings>General the auto lock was greyed-out and it had turned on Battery Saver. I have done that and turned-off my passcode and restarted. Then the auto-lock has now disappeared completely and I'm stuck with 30 sec auto-lock. I have iOS 10.3.2. Help!!

Oct 22, 2017 2:19 PM in response to xiancp

Wife’s iPhone 8 on iOS 11.0.2 had the same issue.

Did the passcode “off/on” fix as posted and all works fine now.

It did hang at “you can use your Apple ID to change your passcode” prompt after trying to turn it back on. All I did was double tap home and kill the setting app and then went back into the settings app and then to passcode to make sure it was set to “on”

All good now.

Dec 30, 2017 7:35 AM in response to stitch2016

My auto lock feature doesn’t work correctly. It times out before the 5 minutes I have it set on. If I set it to 30. It goes out in 29. I am not quibbling about that. But when I set it to 5 minutes it will go 2:10 dim and out at 2:29. Anyone else with this problem? I also have done the hard reboot and NOT waited the five minutes before restarting. THEN I did wait the five minutes before rebooting and voilá it went 4:57 before locking. Yaaay. Hope this helps anyone else out there with this hiccup.

iOS 10 Auto-Lock not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.