Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 10 home screen wallpaper dimming

After upgrading my iPhone to iOS 10 i noticed the dimming of home screen wallpaper. Please refer to the attached pictures - it is clearly visible that home screen wallpaper is darker than lock screen wallpaper despite of the fact it is the same picture. Even in the wallpaper settings it is shown as darkened. I find it quite annoying but i didn't find any settings related to this darkening. I would appreciate any kind of advice how to get off from this dimming. There is also a thread on reddit with the same complain: https://www.reddit.com/r/iOSBeta/comments/4sb289/bug_why_does_ios_10_darken_my_w allpaper_it_should/

I use iPhone 5S with iOS 10.0.1

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPhone 5s, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 15, 2016 3:38 AM

30 replies

Feb 3, 2017 2:46 PM in response to rodsvart

This is NOT solved. I'm on 10.2.1. All I have to do is open the picture in photo app and see and stark contrast between the original picture and the home screen. Apple doesn't care that so many people hate this 'feature'. They do what they want if we don't like it then we have to go somewhere else.

Sep 20, 2016 10:13 AM in response to ChrisMorrisOrg

Having this issue too and it just ruined our beautiful wallpapers apple! plz fix it.

I have also another annoying issue, maybe better to open a new ticket for it but describe it here hope you fix it too:

notification banner was useful as every time I pull it down I was able to see date and other apps widgets, but after update to iOS 10 every time I pull it down it's on notification view and I have to slide left to see my favorites. plz do something that the last view remain and not change back to notifications view every time.

Sep 22, 2016 11:57 PM in response to Amooei

I'm also unhappy to lose the date and time on the notification banner with the latest update to the ios. Is it lost or is there a way to get it back? I used to have the option to view notifications or the date and time. Now I only get notifications when I pull down the screen. I can slide the screen side to side now, but I can't get the date anymore, it seems.

Sep 25, 2016 4:29 AM in response to rodsvart

This is one of two issues I have with iOS 10. The other issue being with the default mail app. When I have emails that are pictures that are 10 or more pictures the save insert number images will only save 5. Even if the email has more than that. If anyone else is having that issue please let me know and if you know how to fix that please tell me.

Sep 27, 2016 2:44 AM in response to rodsvart

Same issue here.
Just contacted Apple support. They made me restore iPhone as new (since I restored it before from backup).
But as you will guess, it's still the same. They reported it as a possible bug with a RFC.
But I also have to go to the Apple Store for this now.. not sure it will help ^^

Hope this will be better in next release...

Oct 9, 2016 5:59 PM in response to rodsvart

The apple camera and screen are so wonderful to feature an amazing photo for our screensavers . There seems to be a dull filter over the photo you choose in order to feature the apps and their icons. This feature should be something you can choose or reject. I have some incredible photos that look terrible with this feature. This is a MUST FIX issue. We look at our phones all day and for me the aesthetic of a great work of art or photo matter.

iOS 10 home screen wallpaper dimming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.