Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable Suggested Apps iOS 10

Since the iOS 10 update I am no longer able to turn off Suggested Apps in Settings>iTunes & App Store. It's gone! I hate that when my phone goes hands free in my car it suggest the incorrect Audio App in the lock screen with a small icon on the bottom left. It used to continue play the last audio app when I left the car now it stops all audio or launches a different app all together. The screen shot is from my iPad since that is still on iOS 9. I already tried turning off Siri Suggested Apps in Spotlight Search, but that didn't fix the issue.

Does anyone know how to disable this in iOS 10?

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 16, 2016 8:47 AM

36 replies

May 13, 2017 8:30 AM in response to Rene DLR

I disabled Siri app suggestions, and it was still there because of course sometimes you need to restart your iPhone and then it was gone forever until I saw it on my iPad so I did it again. Along with the great things Apple brings us, sometimes everything is not for everybody. That is why we can't always adjust our personal devices to our taste, thank you Apple

Jul 1, 2017 12:42 AM in response to Koolkirtzz

No it worked , I don't see it again.

I don't understand how and why! But I don't see it anymore.

you right about the battery too much drain and too much heat up. I now mostly use without the cover and sit right under the fan to keep it cool.

and without the cover, it seems I have scratches on the back after using without the cover.

i mostly now charging without using it or in very low brightness.

Sep 17, 2016 7:13 AM in response to Rene DLR

Hello Rene DLR,

Thank you so much for bringing your question about turning off Suggested Apps in iOS 10 to the Apple Support Communities. I know whenever a new iOS comes out I also look around to find where favorite settings are too. It's my pleasure to help you out today.

To turn off Suggested Apps in iOS 10

1. swipe down from the top of the screen
  2. swipe from left to right to show the Widgets screen
  3. tap the Edit button
  4. under Add Widgets you should see Siri App Suggestions with a red (-) minus
  5. tap the minus sign to remove Siri App Suggestions
  6. tap Done

I have a great link to show you some new tips and tricks for iOS 10:

iOS 10 Tips and Tricks

Have a fantastic day!

Sep 21, 2016 5:08 PM in response to Rene DLR

I followed chris g1's instruction to edit the suggested screen that now intrudes before the pass code screen. used edit to delete all widgets from this new intruder screen - but now get a blank screen with no choices to get to the pass code screen. That when I discovered you can push the home button a second time to get directly to the pass code screen. So to go directly to the pass code screen just double push the home button.

dont know but about your your car audio app suggest problem - maybe try deleting all the widgets from the "intruder" screen also?

Oct 1, 2016 1:25 AM in response to Rene DLR

I had the FB icon in the bottom left corner of the locked screen, wanted to remove it. Tried many suggestions, but the only instruction which actually worked was Chris_G1's instruction (unlock phone, swipe right, scroll down, click edit, remove Siri suggested apps from widgets, finish). Maybe there are multiple ways to show these "suggested" apps on the locked screen, but this one worked for me.

Disable Suggested Apps iOS 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.