Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bug in iOS 10 Music "Up Next" List

A great feature of iOS9 was the ability to remove songs from the "Up Next" list in Apple Music. You could allow a random shuffle of your music, but eliminate any "buzz-kill" songs from the future play list. I used it all the time. But there appears to be a bug in this feature in iOS10 Music...

In iOS10 when I remove a song from the "Up Next" playlist the song (or songs) disappear when I swipe left and press the red "Remove" icon. But when the currently playing song ends and its time to start the next song in the "Up Next" list all the previously removed songs magically reappear back into the play list.

If I remove the songs again in the "Up Next" list, again when the currently playing song ends - all the removed songs again reappear.

If I turn the IPhone 6+ Off and then On the "Up Next" list will work properly when songs are removed for maybe 3-4 songs, but by the 4 song all the removed songs will reappear, and the cycle repeats. So its intermittant.

I was a heavy user of removing songs from the "Up Next" list.....a bit disappointed this feature is not acting properly.

Anyone???

Cheers,

Q.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 17, 2016 10:15 AM

11 replies

Jan 29, 2017 4:40 AM in response to q-bit

The Music App is still buggy. I can't believe why it is taking ages to properly fix this app.

For me, the Repeat Button is still broken. I am on an IPhone 6 Plus and the repeat button reactivates itself after a couple of seconds. With repeat turned on I cannot reorder songs from the playlist. Repeat is always on an cannot be turned off. Apple, please fix this. User uploaded file

Sep 26, 2016 8:20 AM in response to q-bit

Here's a great idea for the Up Next play list.

Instead of swiping Left and then pressing Remove (a two step operation for each song), why not have an "Edit and Done" window - which is the standard when manipulating any other list of items in a iPhone?

A person would press Edit and that would open the ability to remove several songs at once and reorder the songs, then when you're happy with the edited list hit Done and the changes are saved to the Up Next list.

I'm not sure why Apple chooses to make removing a song from the Up Next list a two step process for each song, but when you want to remove a whole bunch of emails from Mail you can do it in one big batch at a time with an Edit/Done window.

But then again I would be happy if Apple just got the current Remove function in the Up Next list working.

Tiny steps.....

Q.

Sep 28, 2016 8:58 AM in response to q-bit

Just want to post what I have found with iOS 10.0.2 and Music Up Next list...

If you are still having trouble with removed songs reappearing back into the Up Next list, I seem to have found a way to get all the song removed from the Up Next list to stay removed and not "magically" return when the current song switiches to the next song.

After removing songs from the Up Next list - change the order of at least one song in the list. That seems to lock-in the "remove" changes that get ignored when the current playing song changes. Don't know why???

I found this by trial and error after noticing the removals would sometimes return (and sometimes not) when the song changed. I narrowed it down to moving the order of at least one song gets the removed songs to stay locked-out. If the only edit I make is song removals, without changing any song's order, then the removed songs return to the list when the current playing song changes.

I'm not sure why Apple chooses to make removing a song from the Up Next list a two step process for each song (swipe Left, then hit Remove) but when you want to remove a whole bunch of emails from, say, Mail you can do it in one big batch at a time with an Edit/Done window. The Up Next list should have an Edit/Done option like any other list within Apple.

Anyhow, that's what I've found - hope it helps.

Q.

Oct 3, 2016 4:23 AM in response to q-bit

I honestly despise the music update for ios10. the up next feature is useless. Some artists don't show up in the "Artists" folder but show up in the "Albums" for no reason. It just looks disorganized.

I hope they re-add (why would they even remove this option) the feature to clear your up next in one go. Also like how the up next was separated from whatever album or playlist you were listening to.

Oct 3, 2016 5:25 AM in response to Gaybel

Not sure but this may have something to do with "compilations" albums, or albums that contain songs from different artists, like a movie soundtrack album.

I have seen that artists in those compilation albums do not show in my "ALL Artists" music library unless "Compilations" is highlighted in the Column Browser.

Bug in iOS 10 Music "Up Next" List

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.