Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iLife '13 or iLife '11?

Hi there! I just need some help here. I currently own a late 2013 iMac that runs Mountain Lion. (10.8.5) I updated iLife to the version from 2013... but it still says iLife '11? If anyone can help me out with this, thank you!

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), null

Posted on Sep 18, 2016 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2016 1:52 PM

iLife 13 requires 10.9+...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ILife

8 replies

Sep 19, 2016 1:55 PM in response to AidanTheGreat

The iLife 11 disk was the last released iLife version. It was discontinued a couple of years ago. Which app(s) are you trying to update?

For iDVD you really want the iLife 09 disk as it contains all of the available themes for iDVD. The iLive 11 disk only has the themes for iDVDE 6 & 7.

More information on what you're trying to accomplish will let us better serve you. What system are you running and model of Mac?

User uploaded file

Sep 19, 2016 5:26 PM in response to Old Toad

I am trying to update GarageBand to version 10, iPhoto to version 10, and iMovie to version 10. iDVD and iWeb are not my main concerns, but I want to keep them updated as well. The main goal to sum it up, I just want the latest version of all the iLife apps and services. Also, I currently own a late 2013 iMac that runs OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5.

Sep 20, 2016 9:45 AM in response to AidanTheGreat

There is no iPhoto version 10. The last version of iPhoto is 9.6.1 and unless you've gotten an update to iPhoto via the App Store previously the best you can do with an iLife disk is iPhoto 9.4.3 by installing iPhoto 9 from the iLife disk and using the following updaters to get to 9.4.3:

1 - update to iPhoto 9.2.1

2 - update to iPhoto 9.3

3 - update to iPhoto 9.3.2

4 - update to iPhoto 9.4

5 - and finally to iPhoto 9.4.3

The highest you can go with iMovie is 9.0.9.

If you want the latest versions of iMovie you should upgrade to El Capitan and get iMovie 10.1.2 and Photos 1.3.

These use tips will help you make the transition from iPhoto to Photos:

Notes on Migrating an iPhoto Library from iPhoto to Photos for Mac

Moments in Photos are the New Events

Photos 1.5 vs iPhoto 9.6.1: Features and Capabilities

External Editors in Photos Are Here

iLife '13 or iLife '11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.