Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uConnect 8.4 & iOS 10 issues!!!

Help!!

I've got a 2016 Jeep Cherokee and uConnect 8.4 (updated to the latest firmware). Ever since I updated my phone to iOS 10, when plugging in via USB, my music no longer plays through the stereo.

Here's a break down of the issues:

Audio no longer playing through stereo system

So this is a biggie. It no longer plays music through USB. The bigger issue is when i plug it in via USB, it starts playing the audio through my phone, not through the stereo. The option in the middle to choose a different output only shows 'iPhone', no 'uConnect' on the phone. The reason i know it's suppose to say uConnect is because when i do plug it in, uConnect is there for a mere second, then it just disappears and goes to iPhone. I can control the music through my steering wheel and other knobs in the car, but it just plays music from the external speaker on the iPhone, not the stereo. I assume this is definitely a software issue that needs to be fixed ASAP!

Plays first track every time i plug it in existing my current playlist that was previously playing

Another issue I had (even back with iOS 9) was every time i plugged in my phone, it would exit my current playlist on the phone and play the very first music track overall (not in any playlist). This really ***** as every time i plug in the phone to my car, it kills where i previously left off with a song.

Siri hanging and not responding after talking

So the uConnect system has Siri enabled, however, when you do talk to Siri and you are no longer speaking, it doesn't make the exit respond sound indicating that it has taken in your speech. It just sits there and doesn't do anything. So i've never been able to use Siri in my car yet. This was also happening with iOS 9.

I hope to get a response to these issues i'm having. It really *****. I'm painfully waiting for the CarPlay update to be released to uConnect ASAP so i can stop using their terrible out-dated system!!

I sincerely hope my first issue about audio not playing through my stereo gets fixed ASAP!

Anyone else experiencing these problems?

Sincerely,

- Adam J.

Posted on Sep 20, 2016 7:36 PM

28 replies

Jan 28, 2017 1:46 PM in response to aJauhari

I have a 2015 Jeep FL758977 and an I phone 7 with 10.2.1. I went to a dealership and they had no update for my radio. I went to Apple care and got my phone checked and it worked well with their test equipment. The Phone can bluetooth with my Porsche no problem and a headset. I tried to use USB to the Jeep and it did not work or see my I phone 7 at all. I tried to bluetooth pair with the phone all over the truck and it did not work at all. The only way I can connect music only to the truck is with a AUX wire. I called Uconnect and they said that the 10.2.1 will not bluetooth to my phone. They said the last one that worked was 9.2. Very disappointed - wondering is there some decice I can buy for my phone or truck to make this work?

Jan 28, 2017 2:44 PM in response to Jamis Bicycles

I have a 2015 Jeep FL758977

What is a Jeep FL758977?

I tried to bluetooth pair with the phone all over the truck and it did not work at all

Did you set the iPhone to BT pairing?

I called Uconnect and they said that the 10.2.1 will not bluetooth to my phone. They said the last one that worked was 9.2.

They are clueless. 10.2 works fine with it.

If you know anyone else with another iPhone, see if it will pair.

See if your truck will pair with any other phone using BT.

Apr 25, 2017 2:20 PM in response to aJauhari

I've got a 2015 Chrysler 200S with uconnect 8.4n and ever since I upgraded to iOS10.3 I've lost the ability to play music from my iPhone 6 in my car. The USB connection just hangs on a blank screen in Uconnect and the BT audio will not recognize the phone as being connected DESPITE the handsfree calling all being connected and linked no problem.

I have tried:

-different USB cable

-restarting the phone

-restarting the car

-deleting the phone and uconnect in Bluetooth and re pairing the device

-doing a "reset network settings" in settings

The crazy thing is it works SOMETIMES. Basically I will try and try and try and it won't work. Then the next day it will just decide to work. It works until the moment when I change or update anything in my music library on my phone (add or delete a song) and then I'm back to square one.

I have absolutely had it with these roll of the dice iOS updates. I've been using an iPhone since 4 and for the first time I am actually considering an Android device for my next phone in 6 months time. I'm just so frustrated I don't know what else to do anymore.

Dec 8, 2017 10:55 PM in response to Lucidsoul5

Not going to lie here... but I feel as though the car companies should have some responsibility of having a system that can be updated to allow to work with the new phones. Since I got my Jeep GC in 2013 I have yet to be able to use my Nav to send a text message unless it's with Siri. Why? Because the UConnect wont allow it. Apple has the ability to change technology and improve our lives with their phones... and I feel that the car manufacturers should have the same simple responsibility to make sure that their nav systems (that we paid 4 or 5x what an iPhoneX costs) are upgraded to work with current year technology.

Dec 30, 2017 8:41 PM in response to Chris CA

The FLXXXXXX is the last 8 of the vin to his jeep. Not very pertinent. I have a 15 jeep wrangler with the non nav standard radio and lost music capabilities when I got an iPod touch 7th gen to replace the iPod touch 3rd gen I was using in my jeep. 3rd gen still works. 7th gen plays a song and quits playing when you advance tracks. If you turn off the radio and turn it back on, it will resume and whatever seconds the song played before you turned off the radio. If you look at the iPod when it stops playing through the UConnect, you will notice it playing on the iPod but not going through the speakers of July jeep. Guess I'll have to use my 3rd gen that Apple throttled performance on in order to listen to music... Thanks Apple!

Sep 21, 2016 11:59 AM in response to aJauhari

Hi aJauhari,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities to post your question. So it looks like after you updated your iPhone to iOS 10 you've lost the ability to play your music through uConnect in your 2016 Jeep Cherokee. I understand how important getting this fixed up is to you. Please try the steps in the following link. Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo

You can also visit the uConnect Support page for assistance with your Jeep stereo. Jeep® Support

If CarPlay is not yet available in your Jeep, and you still cannot get the USB function to work with uConnect, try connecting your iPhone to the car stereo via Bluetooth.
This should have you listening to your tunes in your ride again in no time!

Have a nice day.

Sep 21, 2016 5:53 PM in response to aJauhari

I am having the same exact issue with my Viper. Already on the latest version of UConnect.

The system seems to register that there is a device connected and it even displays the music titles, etc. Just no audio comes out regardless of volume. The iPhone does not register that there is a device it is connected to and only shows "iPhone" as an output option. Seems like it's an iOS issue and NOT the UConnect because the iPhone no longer detects the UConnect as an output.

Sep 27, 2016 6:09 PM in response to aJauhari

There's another update for your phone: 10.0.2. However, the phone update will cause an issue with UConnect If it isn't updated too. It's the Uconnect itself that must be updated. I took my Jeep Renegade to the dealership due to a recall. I spoke with the service guy and asked him while they're fixing the recall, if they would look into the issues with Uconnect not streaming music via USB port. He immediately knew what I was talking about because he said that with the iPhone updates, Uconnect must be updated. When I got my Jeep back, he mentioned that it has been updated and tested. Now it's working beautifully. so make sure your iPhone has the latest update which is now 10.0.2 and the UConnect latest version: 16.05.33. The service guy said that he's 99.9% sure that with the latest version of Uconnect will solve the iPhone issues with USB connection. Let me know if it works Since it worked with mine. GOOD LUCK!!!

uConnect 8.4 & iOS 10 issues!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.